Chapter 18

Lila's POV
"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?" I heard Dallas tell from downstairs. I woke up in my room alone. Ponyboy was gone and everyone was screaming. I walked downstairs and everyone stopped and looked at me. I felt weird. I didn't see Pony. Then pony ran in with a note. "Hey! Soda went into war!" Pony said waving the paper. "he left this note on our bed. they drafted him and he won't be back for about 3 years." pony said. I instantly felt like crying. I have always been soda's little girl. everyone looked at each other then at the ground. Dallas came to me and I backed up against the wall. "lila, I'm sorry." he said. his cold blue eyes seemed softer and filled with sorrow. "Lila. I promised I wouldn't let anyone touch you and I'm sorry I hit you." he said coming to hug me. I started to cry and he hugged me tighter. "I'm so sorry lil Winston." he said with a tear coming down his face. He never gets this way. he picked me up and we walked out of the Curtis home but I don't think the guys noticed. they were to busy with the sodapop issue.
It was a cold night and we walked back to bucks. "cold?" Dal asked. I nodded and he have me his jean jacket. i leaned closer to him. we were almost at the place but a blue mustang came racing up. "Dallas..." I said starting to get behind him. "shhh it's okay." he said. we kept walking trying to ignore them but four guys came out and grabbed me. I stared screaming and kicking. dal stabbed one of them in the leg and down he went. I screamed and fell face first on to the sidewalk. The last thing I remember was Dal screaming at me to stay awake and the guys running u till everything went into a black blurr.