Chapter 9

Ponyboys's POV
I woke up the next morning feeling great. all of those drinks I had made me feel great. Lila is up and is feeling a lot better so today we are gonna hang out. I get dressed and walk down stairs. I meet Lila at the door and we go to the park."have you heard from dally?" I ask her. "no. maybe we should look for him." I nod in agreement. we run all over the lot and nothing. we check the house nothing. we look at the movies, DX, the beer store, at bucks, and at the dingo. Nothing. "maybe he took the 315 freight to windrixvill." I said. "okay let's head there." we both walk to the train and hop on it. once we get there we walk up J mountain to the church and see dal smoking and having a beer. "hey dal." I say walking up to him. "hey pony." he says puffing out a smoke ring "Dallas!" Lila says with excitement. "Hey kiddo!" He says giving her a big hug. "I see your better." he says with a chuckle. "yea." she says with a smile. she walks over to me and pulls me to the side and whispers "does he know we are a couple?" "No." "we should tell him." she says. "okay" we walk over to him and she tells him. "uh Dallas, me and pony are a couple now." she says holding my hand. he gets up. "what?" He says looking at me. "we are dating." she says. "listen if you screw with my baby sister I will pound your head in so deep it will come out your ass." he says sternly to me. I look over and see Lila trying not to laugh. I but my lip trying hit to laugh. "understood." I say. "Good." he says. "you two better get on back to Darry or else he will think you two Eloped to Mexico." He says walking us to his car. "wait." I say. "can we take a moment to remember Johnny?" I ask. they both nod and we sit in silence in front of the burned church.
~*~ at home ~*~
We all sit down for dinner. I didn't really eat much.everyone thought I was sick or still hung over. I cleared my plant and sat in the living room watching Micky. "okay. since the rumble is coming up soon maybe we should have a little party." says Darry. Tonight he is in a good mood. he holds up 2 packs of beer. "I know I don't allow this but one night can't hurt." he says taking out a beer and drinking it. we all grab some beers and drink them fast. everyone but soda has had at least 1-2 beers. he never drinks. two-bit,Steve,lila, and I all had 4 and Dallas and Darry had 3. the funniest thing happened. Darry ran down the street for about 20 minutes in his boxers screaming "I LIVE WITH HOBOS AND UNICORNS!" We all were laughing. Steve and two-bit were fighting over Micky. Dallas was just chill but out of it. when Darry came back he fell asleep along with everyone else. me and Lila had 1 more beer each and went up to her room. we were both totally drunk. When I am drunk I tell the truth and Lila acts like a bitch. she could be the good bitch or the bossy bitch. it all depends. we sat on the bed and Lila was the good bitch tonight. "you are so cute." I say to her and she giggles. everyone was asleep. Lila pushes me down on the bed and starts kissing me. I reach for her bra and unhook it. next thing I remember is us making out. the. The rest was a blur of confusion.