Chapter 13

Ponyboy's POV
I was so scared. she never runs away, never. if it was a huge problem like this she would usually come and cry to me,soda, or Darry. by this point I was very close to tears. everyone ran out of the house searching for her. me and dal were the most worried and maybe soda. him and Lila were real close.
We have already been looking for about 3. Hours and nothing. it was almost time for the sun to rise and everyone was tired. two-bit and Steve fell asleep in the truck. I was frantically looking while Dal And the rest were giving up for now at least. "Pone lets go home for now. we are really tired." Darry said. "yea pony let's look again a little later." soda say. "NO!" I screamed. "we won't stop until we find her!" I yelled kicking a trash can to my left. "po-" said Dallas "shut up Dallas Winston!" I snapped. "this is all your fault! Why do you even care about Lila anyways? You say you do but I bet you really don't!" I yelled again but this time right in his face. I could see the hurt in his eyes. "Ponyboy Curtis don't you dare say that again! Now get in the truck!" Darry said coming at me pointing his finger at me. "pony I didn't mean to cut her with the beer bottle okay? I was really drunk and once we were back at home when you both woke up I was pissed." dal said with tears forming in his eyes. "I'm sorry okay? But I do love her. every since Johnny died she is the only other thing I cared about." he say with a tear so close to falling. he must mean it. he never cries. greasers never cry. with that he walked away kicking a beer bottle infront of him. That was the last thing I remember before falling to the ground crying.