𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 (𝚈/𝙽)𝚒𝚊𝚗 ❣︎

Rapunzel was excited. She had been planning for around a week now, including her parents, King Frederick and Queen Arianna, and her dear friend Cassandra in her grand scheme.

Cassandra was going to distract Varian and Rapunzel was going to do the same for her sister. (Y/N) was told she'd attend dinner with her parents, so Rapunzel was rummaging through her closet for a dress.

"Raps, you've thrown half of my dresses onto the ground. What kind of dress are you looking for?"

Rapunzel looked around at the mess she created and laughed awkwardly.

"Well, I was hoping to find a dark red dress. You look great in that one specific shade-"

She pulled out a dress.

"Like this, but something is missing... Let's change it up a bit!"

She dragged you to the bathroom.

"Go on, change into it. I'll see what I can do!"

You put it on and did a little twirl. Huh, you don't remember this dress. Weird. You couldn't think about it for much longer since Rapunzel was telling you to hurry up.

When you came out of the bathroom you saw fabrics of all kind draped along your chair, your bed, any surface, really. Rapunzel wasted no time and pulled you by the arm, placing you right in the middle of the room.

"Maybe it could use some golden accents? Wait no, that reminds me of Gothel."

She shuddered visibly.

"No gold. Maybe silver? No, that looks too cold."

She paced around you.

"Oh! I've got it!"

She pulled out her paints along with brush.

"Stand still."

You didn't pay attention as she started painting your dress. You spaced out. Why was Raps going through so much effort for a family dinner anyway? Sure, it's been months since you've eaten with your parents, but surely it wasn't anything big right?

That was when it dawned on you. Could it be? Were they going to marry you off?

The subject arose a multitude of times when Rapunzel was still missing, but you thought they had dismissed it. You couldn't marry someone you didn't know!

What for anyway, you weren't going to become queen anytime soon. To extend the Kingdom's reach maybe? Oh god, you had to get out of here.

"Hey, Raps, I juuust remembered that I sorta had some very important plans across town-"

"Trust me, this is way more important."

Well, this just confirmed it to you. They were going to marry you off to some stranger.
.
.
.
Meanwhile Varian wasn't doing much better.

"No, this won't do either..."

Cassandra mumbled mostly to herself, going through the alchemists closet.