𝙽 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙽𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚐𝚒𝚊

A very anticipated day had arrived.

It was time.

Everyone in Corona was excited. That is, because it was your birthday! And on royal birthdays, extravagant balls were hosted by the King and Queen. An occasion that gave people a good excuse to wear their best ensembles. Plus, everyone was invited! It was truly a wonderful event. I mean, who can say no to free food and drinks?

You woke up, pretty much falling out of bed.

You climbed out of bed, got dressed and walked through the halls to eat breakfast with your family.

In the hallways, everyone greeted you with a kind smile, a wave and a 'Happy Birthday!'.

You politely smiled and greeted everyone back.

Finally, you arrived in the palace's gardens.
.
.
.
Breakfast had been great.

You were stuffed as you walked back to your room to prepare for the ball.

Yes, you still had a lot of time, but you just couldn't wait!

...You still had to fetch your dress from the royal tailor anyway. So that's that.

Wait...

You still needed to get your dress-

You quickly went on to finish said task. When you arrived you were breathing heavily. Had the staircase always been that long?

The tailor was already awaiting you, quickly pulling you inside and handing you the gown.

You didn't get a chance to look at it more closely when you were pushed inside the changing room. You quickly put it on.

As you stared at your reflection in the mirror that had been placed against one of the walls, you couldn't help but marvel. It was truly stunning.

The gown was a dark blue, decorated with transparent crystals and pearls. It was a flowy gown that only lightly grazed the floor, and you were in love. It was off-shoulder with a bit of white lace. Some golden chains decorated the front, and all in all it just reminded you of the stars you held so close to your heart.

The night sky you adored staring at.

It was a true show-stopper.

The tailor ushered you out of the dressing room and made some final changes to the dress and it fit like a glove.

You changed back, carrying the dress up to your room.

What you wanted to do was to try and translate the book about the Sun Drop, since you had failed to do so multiple times.

After all, you did still want to find out more about your powers. They just showed up for a reason you've yet to understand.

And you would've done so, if it weren't for the fact that your book was nowhere to be found.

Well, no reason to dwell on it for too long. You could always look for it later.

This year's theme was a masked ball. And your generous tailor had made a mask for you out of the left-over fabric they had.

Well, out of that and a few pearls.

You spent the most part of the day mentally preparing for the ball.

While you were always excited for your birthdays, it never came without a side of nervousness. Standing in front a crowd of people who are there to celebrate your birthday was bound to be at least slightly nerve-wracking.