𝙸 𝙰𝚖 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚍 𝙰𝚑𝙷, 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚍 𝚄𝚑𝙷𝚑

------------------------
!Oneshot!

In which (Y/N) has her period and Varian is being a total sweetheart, as always. They are together in this btw.

Not canon.
————————

Your stomach was cramping badly while you lied on your bed, silently moping, a pained groan escaping you every now and then.

You had multiple blankets over you, yet the heat did nothing to lessen your pain.

Your face scrunched up in discomfort and you winced.

Periods suck the literal life out of you.

You were wallowing in self pity when the door flew open and Varian ran in.

He was carrying a bowl of what you presumed to be soup and set it down at your bedside.

Before you could even begin to utter a word, he bolted out again, soon returning with his arms full. He once again set the contents down next to you and he finally sat down.

"How do you feel? I've brought you snacks."

He pointed his finger to your bedside table and you looked at the array of snacks that he had spread out there.

"Varian, did you rob the whole pantry?"

"...Maybe. I didn't know what you wanted, so, uhm."

"That's sweet of you, thanks."

Awkward eye contact ensued as you clutched your stomach, not daring to move your hands away.

It stayed like that for a while until Varian coughed.

"So, uh, how do you feel?"

"Oh idk, I'm bleeding for a few days, having cramps. You tell me."

He raised his finger to retort like he usually would, after all, your relationship consisted of a lot of banter, but then he remembered your current predicament and quickly shut his mouth.

"Right, sorry. Would sleeping be helpful?"

"If I could actually fall asleep with all this pain and suffering, yes."

You quickly snatched some chocolate from the pile and stuffed it into your mouth.

Meanwhile Varian stood up, took a step forward and slipped under your blankets.

"What are you doing?"

"Well, it's been proven that one falls asleep easier with someone next to them. Body heat and all that, you know."

"...Sure."

He gently yanked you closer, putting your head against his chest.

Now, you hadn't been together for a while so you couldn't help but feel embarrassed, so you lightly thrashed in his hold but he didn't let go.

He continued to cradle you, so you gave up after a few seconds of resistance.

"What's this for? Another study of yours?"