𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝙸𝙸𝙸

The door swung open loudly, startling you and the others.

Rapunzel gasped and everyone turned around quickly. Eugene and Raps shared a look, worried.

A mysterious masked figure entered the room.

"Hand over the graphtyc." the unknown person said intimidatingly.

"Who is that?"

Eugene stood protectively in front of Rapunzel and you.

"Must be a friend of Varian's." Cass answered with distaste evident in her voice.

"Oh come on Cassandra! Varian was the one who wanted us to get the graphtyc, plus, he literally warned us! Why is everyone painting him as the villain? He hasn't even done anything-"

Cassandra started sprinting towards her opponent, which cut you off. She jumped up, ready to strike but the mystery-person dodged skillfully.

Whoever that was had a lot of experience.

It went on like that for a few seconds before Cassandra took a blow to the stomach, which send her flying across the room. Her opponent immobilised her by throwing a rope-thingy which tied her legs together.

"Cass! Oh you just crossed a line, bub!" Eugene seethed, rolling up his sleeves and stomping over.

You watched silently along with Rapunzel.

Let Eugene have his moment and all.

And Eugene did do a great job. Until he was flung across the room too, hitting Owl in the process, that is.

He landed right in some chemicals, which made him look just as great as Cassandra had looked, pink hair and all.

"Oh, boy, that was- that was a mistake."

Owl looked just as fabulous and looked at the former thief, who returned the look.

"Hand it over, now."

"Hey uh, unknown enemy. You do realise that we're princesses so maaaybe don't try to attack us. Or threaten us."

Mask-person tauntingly moved closer.

"Or do! That's... That's totally fine. But!"

Looking around for possible weapons, you caught Raps sneaking closer to the chemical compounds.

'Hey, great idea sis.'

"...You'll have to deal with the amazing power of alchemy! Gosh now I sound like Varian-"

You grabbed the nearest flask, chugging it at the intruder.

Varian really needed to lable his stuff.

Where was the alchemist anyway? Shouldn't he be here, in his home?

You glanced at the amber briefly.

...Yeah, okay, it did make sense that he wasn't here.

Sadly, the flask you threw didn't react the way you wanted it to when it hit the intruder straight in his masked visage.

In fact, it didn't really react at all.

"Haha... That- that was a warning! Don't come closer! There's more where that came from!"

Rapunzel started throwing flasks alongside you, although the chemicals still didn't do anything.

"Ugh! Stinkbomb? Come on!"

Where were Varians explosive compound when you needed them? Like, shouldn't he have some flynnoleum lying around? Then again, you didn't want to murder anyone.