𝚁𝚞𝚗 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚕𝚕𝚕𝚕𝚕

Everything seemed to go in slow motion.

The crowd backed away from you and guards shot forth, speeding in your direction.

But right then, you just wanted them to leave you alone. And the rocks seemed to understand that.

They were a part of you after all.

They helped you, shielding you from any and every guard.

Giant white rocks filled the room, blocking anyone from advancing towards you.

You stood around, frozen for a second before loud calls were heard.

Not wanting to investigate the noise, you chose to flee.

You sprinted through the hallways towards the main gates. Royal guards stormed after you, coming out of different rooms.

They attempted to cut you off, but the adrenaline let you run faster than ever before and they were unable to catch up with you.

You frantically thought of a place to run to, any spot to hide, really.

When you heard loud steps behind you, you chose to duck behind the nearest bush.

The guards passed you and you breathed out a sigh of relief.

Well, being chased definitely hadn't been on your list of things to do that evening.

Now you came to the conclusion that you had nowhere to go too.

Great.

Rapunzel's former tower? Obvious choice. They'd check there first.

Varian's house? Well, you trusted him a lot, but then again you didn't see the way he reacted to your now revealed powers.

Had he been scared? Disgusted?

You didn't want to know.

Well, you didn't think you'd find shelter anywhere else.

The people had reacted just the way you predicted.

...But who sent the guards after you? Your parents?

Would your parents actually go against you? Would they try to restrain you, lock you up?

You didn't want to think about that.

Instead, you ran over the bridge and into the forest aimlessly.

There was no place for you to go.

No place to hide.

So the only logical decision you could think of was running away as far as your legs could take you.

You ran and ran and ran until your legs gave out and you fell to the ground. You breathed heavily, desperately trying to stand up before ultimately falling again.

It was dark out and you could barely make out the shape of your hands.

Roaming around in a pitch black forest wouldn't help you.