𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙 𝙸

You gawked at the many presents that filled the room you were standing in along with Rapunzel and Eugene.

Today was Rapunzel's birthday, so no wonder.

Now, the celebrations hadn't even begun. So one could be wondering, 'why are they already looking at the presents?'.

Well, let's rewind. King Frederick had lied to the girl, sent guards after her in the middle of the night which led to the destruction of her childhood home and she had committed treason with her younger sister and an alchemist who had been, as Raps would call it, 'extremely unstable'. She had practically handed one of the most powerful objects to this boy.

Yeah, she definitely didn't feel great. So her boyfriend Eugene showed her the presents the people of Corona wanted to give to her.

You all looked around in awe. I mean, towers of gifts. Literal mountains.

You don't see that everyday. The life of a princess, am I right?

Eugene walked around guessing what was inside of each gift.

"Look, look! It's a set of paintbrushes."

"Someone got a new necklace!"

"And this is... clearly something that probably shouldn't have been shaken."

You laughed at his antics.

What almost immediately caught you eye was a giant music box mechanism with a sign that said 'wind me'.

You shrugged and did just that.

A high pitched melody started playing, making you shiver with it's menacing tone.

That wasn't cheerful.

Rapunzel plopped up behind you.

"That's kinda creepy."

The older princess shrieked as she turned around.

"Oh, hi! ...Oh!"

Rapunzel started a pretty one-sided conversation with the non-responsive Friedborg.

You took a closer look at the machine in front of you. Weird, it looked kind of familiar. Where had you seen something like it before?

Rapunzel tapped your shoulder, interrupting your thoughts.

"Hey, have you seen Cassandra?"

You shook your head lightly.

"No, haven't seen her all day, why?"

"Well then! We should go find her."

"Sure."
.
.
.
"Seems like your dad found out I was the one who snuck you out of Corona before your Coronation. And well, here we are."

You, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cass were standing in a stable while Cassandra stacked hay.

You looked confused.

"How would he have found that out though? Even if someone saw you, I doubt they'd rat you out."

Rapunzel was just as dumbfounded as you.

"That's impossible! The only possible way he could have found out is if..."

Then it hit her.

"He read my journal!"

You turned to look at your sister.

"Wait, you keep a journal?"

"Yeah, don't you? Don't worry Cass, I am going to get you out of this."

"Hey but in the meantime... at least you have stable employment."

"Very mature Eugene."

"Hey, you used to like my jokes (Y/N)!"