❤︎ ︎𝟻𝟶𝟶 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕❣ ︎❤︎︎

Authors note:
This chapter is a oneshot with no relevance to the main storyline. Enjoy! :D

Being sick definitely wasn't your favourite activity. Then again, who's favourite activity was being sick?

Lying awake in your room, while feeling awful just isn't fun. Rapunzel and Cassandra had already come to check on you, and Eugene was away to fetch some hot soup for you. You were told they would try to find someone who'd keep you company, although you were more worried about getting whoever that might be sick too.

You had caught a cold. Nose running and head throbbing in pain, you grunted in discomfort. At least your fever had went down a bit, but the headache stubbornly remained. You felt too hot and too cold, not knowing whether to strip yourself of all blankets or bury yourself in them. So you decided to lie on your back, half covered in blankets, half devoid of any.

You stared blankly at the ceiling until knocks interrupted your thoughts.

"Come-"

You coughed.

"Come in."

You almost jumped out of your skin when you saw a certain alchemist enter your room. Sitting up quickly, your face burned up.

"Hey uh, Rapunzel and Cass sent me. I heard you were sick?"

'Ah. Of course it was them.' Feeling awkward because of the silence, Varian spoke again.

"I- I uh, brought some soup? Well I mean, technically Eugene gave it to me to give to you."

Snapping out of your thoughts, you sneezed. He muttered a quick 'Bless you!'.

"Oh, thank you."

He was approaching you when you waved your hands, shooing him away.

"No! No, don't come closer! You'll get sick too."

Dismissing your worries, he gestured in a don't-you-worry-manner.

"Psh, I'm supposed to take care of you the whole day anyway. Not that I mind! ...I don't. Really. Also, I have a Great immune system!"

Proudly puffing out his chest, he placed a bowl of soup on your nightstand. Your nightstand was honestly just a table with a lamp, so there was more than enough space. He pulled a chair to face you, taking the spoon.

"Now say 'ahhh'"

Blushing in embarrassment, you frantically waved your hands around.

"I can feed myself!"

Shrugging, he handed you the spoon, which you promptly dropped.

Stupid sick body. Ill, weak and shaky.

You glared at the spoon and the soup that was now making a tiny puddle on the floor. The science-lover looked unimpressed. 

"...Yeahhh, okay. That won't do."

Varian cleaned up the mess as you sulked.

"Here comes the airplane!"

"I'm not a child!"

"You so are."

"I swear I'm going to get you back for this."

"I'd like to see you try, (Y/N)."

You pouted as the spoon neared your mouth. Folding your arms, you glared.

"Come on, you need to eat something."

"I'm very much content starving to death."

"Well I don't want you to die, so eat up."

Maintaining eye contact and still glaring, you opened your mouth.