Embarrassed

"-ishima!"

"Kirishima!?"

Kirishima gasps as he sits up, his alert high as he hears Mina's shrieking yell. His ears ring high pitched, sounds fading into his ears.

"KIRISHIMA GET UP!"

His limbs shake as he pushes himself up from the ground, loud slamming and booms going off around him. It sounds like a war zone, his breathing heavy through the dust.

"Get up!"

He heaves, nausea rolling through him as he struggles up to his feet, but falls back to the ground, air entering and leaving his lungs like razor blades.

"MOVE! Kirishima move!"

He looks up, gasping and rolling across the ground in just enough time. A huge piece of debris falls right where he'd been laying, and he heaves for air as he stumbles up.

"Kirishima run!" Mina shrieks at him from the other side of the field, and she yells out as she holds off an opponent of her own.

He swallows hard, sweat rolling from his temples as his vision blurs in and out. He sees his opponent charging towards him and he takes a deep breath, clenching his eyes shut. His teeth grind, arms coming up infront of himself as he gets ready for impact.

But as his skin doesn't harden, and he finds himself having an even harder time breathing, he goes wide eyed. He looks up fast, gasping before stumbling back away from the debris thats thrown at him.

"W-Wait!" He yells, chest heaving. He can't breathe! He can't,"Wait a second-!"

"Wait!" He grunts as he's slammed down, head hitting hard against rock. He yells out loud, a flashing pain lacing through the back of his skull and down his neck.

"Hey! Hey! Enough, that's enough!"

He breathes hard, grunting as weight lifts off his chest. But he still finds in hard to breathe, reaching up and clutching at his head as he rolls. He lays on his side, legs curling towards his stomach as his jaw clenches.

"Kirishima!?"

"Let me see..." Mr. Aizawa's voice is close, and the young alpha winces as his hands are pulled from his head. The older man gently checks his head, looking him over.

"Ok come here..." Aizawa sits him up slowly, and the red head takes a deep breath, breathing still labored, but not as bad.

"What happened? Why didn't you harden?" His teacher looks at the back of his head, muttering something about it not bleeding thankfully.

"I-I couldn't. Its like my body wasn't working right...? I... Dunno..." He swallows, staring down at his scratched and scraped arms.

Aizawa turns on Monoma, the blond boy and the rest of his class having been in their combat training for the day,"Monoma. When a classmate tells you to stop, or wait, you should do as told. Kirishima was obviously having difficulty and yet you persisted."

"How was I supposed to know!?" Monoma scoffs, glaring as he looks away.

"This is why you need more training in reading people's expressions and fighting styles." Aizawa mutters, then turns back to Kirishima,"I want you to follow my finger, but do not turn your head."