Happy

"Alright..." The nurse sighs as she walks to the door,"I'll be right back dear, hang in there, I'll bring back some water and Jello."

Kirishima smiles happily,"Thankyou!"

Bakugo looks over at Kirishima, guilt weighing heavy on his chest. Kirishima just keeps smiling at him, ruby eyes shiny with happiness. How can he be so happy right now? How can he smile at a time like this?

"Cause you said you liked me, and I'm happy."

Bakugo flinches, and the alpha giggles, sharp teeth shining as he laughs,"You said it out loud man."

"Shit." Bakugo feels his cheeks warm up again, turning his face towards the floor. He stares at his own socked feet, watching as his toes riggle beneath the fabric.

Kirishima chuckles, and he cocks his head to the side,"Bakugo..."

"What?" The blond snaps, too embarrassed to be nice. He's glad Kirishima has grown a tolerance to him being an asshole constantly because the red head only huffs a fond laugh at his snapping.

"Can I hold you?"

"What the fuck?" The omega looks at his best friend with squinted eyes, and Kirishima grins softly, apparently just happy to look at the older boy.

"Can I hold you... Like, hug you?" Kirishima lifts his arm up,"I'd move, but the drip kinda hurts..."

Bakugo pouts his lips out, glaring at his alpha for a long damn time before giving in. He lays the pill bottle on the roll table to the side, and he carefully shifts further into the bed, the shitty thing creaking as he does so.

Kirishima hugs him as soon as he's in arms reach. Bakugo grunts, bady falling forward awkwardly. Somehow Bakugo ends up laying nearly on top of him, the alpha leaning back gently, and snuggling him close. Bakugo's one leg lays haphazardly next to Kirishima's hip while the other is laying awkwardly between his legs. Bakugo blushes, embarrassed as he ends up straddling one of the other boys legs, cheek squishing against his chest.

"I'm not happy..." Bakugo turns his head, chin pressing into a toned chest as Kirishima talks at the ceiling. His face is calm, eyes kinda blank,"I'm happy with other people around or when you're here... But... When I'm alone..."

The blond stares, and he watches as Kirishima face breaks up, tears forming. He can feel the heave the red head brings in to try and calm himself, large chest rising beneath the smaller boys head.

"I feel like shit constantly... Not, like, physically but in my head and I just..." Bakugo clenches his own jaw as he watches Kirishima close his eyes to stop himself from completely falling apart, tears rolling down and over his temples.

Bakugo isn't sure what compels his body to shift and move up, but he does. He brushes at the tears gently, and Kirishima sniffles, brows scrunching together tight over his closed eyes as he tries to stop himself from crying.

Bakugo leans down, and he feels awkward placing a gentle kiss against Kirishima's forehead, but he lets himself linger there, lips pressed there for several seconds. Kirishima huffs a fond sound, and Bakugo feels his skin tingle as a stuttered breath gushes against his neck. Kirishima does this several times, almost in a pattern, and the blond numbly realizes that it's a coping mechanism.

"Bakugo..." Big hands come up and cup at his ribs, and Bakugo pulls back some, lips feeling warm from the alpha's forehead. Kirishima smiles in a droopy way, but its still his smile, and he sniffles as he leans up, cupping the omegas jaw, and gently pecks Bakugo's lips.

The older boy is momentarily distracted by the fact that his alphas face is drenched in salt water and his lips are wet from crying. But as the kiss lingers- even if for a moment- he can't help but like it way too much. His heart thrums to life, beating like a war drum inside his chest.

He pulls back, and he sniffles again, Bakugo flinching subtly as a thumb rubs over his cheek bone,"I won't kiss you too much. I know you hate snot and shit."

Bakugo snorts, and he can't help the smirk that arrives on his face. How did Kirishima even fucking remember that. That was like two fucking years ago when they'd first met.

"Alrighty, I'm back!"

Bakugo jerks, but a firm arm has him pinned and he glares deeply at Kirishima as the nurse walks over with a happy smile. She sets the tray down, and the whole time Kirishima just grins at the blond like the devilish little shit he is.

So, as the nurse and Kirishima converse, and tell eachother how their days were and gab about how good the Jello is, Bakugo is forced to lay right there on top of the patient, and pout.