Chapter 24

Kongpob: 21 Arthit: 13

3rd Person's POV
Kongpob carefully looked around and found that the walls were mostly painted white. He was able to peek into a few rooms and found them to be cushioned as he felt suspicion in his heart arise.

"You're free to look around, this is an asylum after all." The man that was leading the way said and Kongpob stopped on his steps as he turned his gaze to the man in surprise. Somchai was a man almost in his 70s and he'd told Kongpob to go to a gas station near his apartment just to be picked up by this man and brought over to this place that was in the middle of nowhere.

"An asylum?"

"Yes." The man nodded and made no more explanation as he continued walking with long strides until he stopped in front of a closed door. There was a name tag framed on the door and Kongpob's heart skipped a beat when he saw that familiar name.

"Do you wanna go in?" Somchai asked even though he knew what the obvious answer would be and Kongpob nods his head hesitantly.

"Yes." And the man took out a key and unlocked the door that doesn't have a knob on it.

"Come on in." Kongpob's tears instantly prickled when he saw the woman laying on the bed sleeping soundly.

"H-How? I... I thought she..." Kongpob was left speechless as tears poured down his cheeks. He took a cautious step closer to the woman and he reached out his arm, wanting to caress her cheek.

"Do you mean how your mother is in my hands or how did she appear in an asylum?" Somchai asked as he closed the door behind them and kept the key back in his pocket.

"I want to know everything." Kongpob almost lost all of his patience as he knew the man was just playing with his words and playing with his emotions. His half-yell woke the woman up as she sat up, looking at both men gingerly before she smiled brightly at Kongpob.

"Well, it's gonna be a long story-" His words halted when he saw Kongpob shoot him a deathly glare and he chuckled at the young man.

"Hi." The woman spoke out of the blue and Kongpob realized the uncertainty in her eyes as if she didn't know who he was.

"Did she forget about me?" Kongpob could feel his heart squeezed in pain when he questions.

"Yes, your father made her like that."

"But why?"

"To make her shut up and keep all the truth away from the public's eyes, of course. He's a man with fame, power, and money after all. He couldn't be seen with a mere servant and with an illegitimate child." Somchai said and Kongpob found his mother turning to the man with a bright smile as well.

"Candy?" She spoke, her voice as soft as a whisper.

"There. There." The man chuckled and grabbed a few pieces of candy from his front pocket and handed them to the woman.

"Thank you." Her eyes curved and Kongpob's heart ache to look at the innocence on her face.

"Dara Suthiluck, a servant working for the royal family since she was 15, fell for the crown prince, Decha Chakrii. She thought this would be a fairytale when he told her that he was in love with her too and that she could be by his side until he became the Alpha King. But she was wrong, she was used and thrown away just like an old ragdoll." Somchai snickered, "She lost everything that she had, even her beloved child. She has to leave him so that he could be safe."

The hatred he felt for his mother in Kongpob's heart started to leave as he saw Somchai taking out a letter.

"She even left a letter for her child to tell him how sorry she was. But the Alpha King took it away and hunt her down. Years of torture and drugs, he made her like this but I managed to save her away from his abuse once and for all." He continued and handed Kongpob the letter which the latter took hastily as he skimmed through the contents and his eyes reddened even more.

"The Alpha King wanted his child to be gone and she was smart enough to fool him into believing that the child he killed more than 15 years ago was their child together. An innocent life has gone just to save her child. Do you think it's worth it?"

"Why are you telling me everything now? You're his lawyer."

"He touched what's precious to me so I'm here to work with you for revenge." Somchai said and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly as if they were just discussing what they would have for lunch.

"And why do you think I would trust you? Why would I even seek revenge? My mother wanted me away from him, what made you think I'll approach him?"

"Are you trying to fool me or to fool yourself?" Kongpob averted his gaze away when the man looks at him with a knowing grin,"Kid, do you know the reason why didn't I tell Decha even when I know you were still alive?"

Kongpob turned back to look at Somchai and he could sense immense loathe and bitterness when Somchai said the Alpha King's name.

"Because he touched my daughter. He didn't know she was my daughter since she had always lived with her mother and I sent her allowance with my friend's help. I let Dara take after her mother's surname and she didn't even know my existence. I knew working for the previous Alpha King meant danger at all times so I hid my family really well, so that even if something happened to me, at least they're safe."

"S-so, you're my grandfather."

"Yes, I am." The man nodded but Kongpob couldn't bring himself to smile or feel at least an ounce of joy for reuniting with his family.

"And you want me to avenge my mother."

"I want Decha to pay for his sins. Are you up for it, Kongpob? The choice is in your hands."

.

.

.

"Yes."

A/N:
Finally a clear view of Kongpob's origin.

For those who are still confused, Kongpob's mother, Dara had a child with the crown prince, Decha who had now become the Alpha King. Somchai is the previous king's lawyer and was also Decha's lawyer. His daughter is Dara and his grandchild is Kongpob. Kongpob is the Alpha King's illegitimate child and he was left at the orphanage because Dara wanted to keep him safe and away from the king who wanted to kill Kongpob. The Alpha King didn't really love Dara and was just playing around with her. He wanted to kill their child together because Dara wasn't born with high social status and thought that her bloodline was impure.

Now that Kongpob took on the mission the avenge his mother, will everything be able to end in a happy ending? Or will he lead himself to endless pain and suffering, dragging his loved ones along with him?