Chapter 29

Kongpob: 23 Arthit: 15

3rd Person's POV
It takes only 2 years for Kongpob to climb the hierarchy and be one of Mr. Rojnapat's business heads. He'd shocked Mr. Rojnapat and mostly, Somchai, as the old man had never considered Kongpob joining the darker side.

To Somchai, Kongpob is the future Alpha King, and that meant Kongpob couldn't let himself involve too much in illegal businesses because if he managed to get the throne, he would almost instantly be dragged down when the ministers found out about his past. The Alpha King should be pure and full of justice, that was what an Alpha King should put on view for his people to see, even though most of the royal family and politicians knew that wasn't the case.

"Kongpob." The young man was in Mr. Rojnapat's office when he got a call from Somchai. The old man sounded worried and a little confused and that made Kongpob crease his brows.

"What's wrong, Somchai?" Kongpob asked as he got out of the office with Mr. Rojnapat's consent.

"I... Something happened to Decha." Somchai hesitated for a moment before speaking and he heard a chuckle from the call.

"So?" Kongpob smiled, "What's wrong with that? Shouldn't you be happy?"

"Decha is paralyzed at the moment and the physician said something about a drug found in his body." Somchai gingerly said as he tried to probe Kongpob behind his every tone and breath.

"Mmhmm." The man only hummed nonchalantly and Somchai could feel his heart drop.

"Kongpob Suthiluck!" Somchai couldn't resist the worry and rage fuming in him as he yelled at his supposed grandchild.

"I'm here." The young man answered too cheerfully.

"This was never in our initial plan! Why did you always act so recklessly? Did you know what trouble you'll be getting into if Decha's men found out about you and what you did to the Alpha King? We had already previously agreed-"

"What do you want me to do?" Kongpob's question made Somchai stop, shutting his eyes in dread, "You told me about my mom and Decha, isn't this what you wanted me to do all along?"

Somchai's hand was shaking as his grip on his phone started to slip a little, and his palm became really sweaty, "But we never said about drugging-"

"I didn't do that, Somchai." Kongpob answered as he rummaged through his pocket and grabbed a pack of cigarettes.

"You didn't?"

"Well, it could've been me as well." Kongpob smirked as he lighted the cigarette, inhaling a huge puff before huffing the smoke out softly.

"Kong..." Somchai heaved helplessly at the young man's reply.

"I've my ways, Som. You wouldn't want to know too much either, just know that Decha's son, Gan, isn't always like how he seems to be." Hearing Kongpob, Somchai could grasp that he'd used Gan to ruin Decha but at the same time, yanking Gan into a hole he'd dug himself.

"People aren't always like how they present themselves don't you think, Som? Some may seem really timid but could be very persistent with their choices and some may seem to be really caring and filial but is actually a blood-sucking monster in disguise, don't you think so?" Kongpob laughed a little when Somchai hung up the call. He inhaled the cigarette one last time before budding it, and pocketing his phone.

"What's so funny?" He turned around to find Prem walking up the stairs and his younger brother following behind. He shook his head with a smile and proceeded to open the door for Prem to enter the office before following suit. Arthit was left by the door, Mr. Rojnapat had said about not letting the youngest enter if they were going to talk about the Rojnapat's business. Kongpob is still amazed at the fact that Mr. Rojnapat can hide from Arthit about his job and his mother. The boy now only thought that his mother was overseas, living with her new family but would still occasionally write letters to him, saying only letters could really express her love for her son.

"All set?" Mr. Rojnapat asked when he saw Prem entering along with Kongpob.

"Yes, I'll be leaving for the airport after dinner tonight." Prem settled himself at the chair in front of Mr. Rojnapat's desk. After graduating, Prem took a year off to travel the world and he'd decided to pursue his dream as a photographer that captures the best sceneries around the world. Mr. Rojnapat is supportive of it and he's relieved that Prem, unlike his older brothers, chose a better path for himself.

"Take good care of yourself and Wad, okay? If you need anything, just give me a call." Prem nodded and chatted with his father for a little while longer before quietly listening to Kongpob and his father talking about some of their work, and both friends left the office together.

Prem decided to take a little stroll with his friend in the garden since they might won't be able to meet each other in person for a really long time. They stopped in front of a few bushes of lavender, talking softly to each other when they heard someone speaking excitedly.

Prem was the first to notice Arthit sitting on a swinging chair as it gently sway back and forth. The boy's voice was filled with joy and tenderness, and Kongpob's eyes narrowed when he found the boy biting on his finger as he smiled bashfully.

"I know." The boy said in almost a whisper, his head lowered slightly.

"I think Arthit is talking to his boyfriend," Prem said as he tugged on Kongpob's wrist slightly, wanting to leave his younger brother alone on the phone.

"Boyfriend?" Kongpob raised a brow as he asked, his eyes darting back at Prem.

"A schoolmate of his. Jay was the one who introduced them to each other and they clicked almost immediately." Kongpob could see from afar the boy's dimple flashing from his shy smile and his head nodding every time he spoke into the call.

"Which schoolmate? His senior?"

"They're both the same age and he's in the basketball team. He's been teaching Arthit a little about basketball as well. He seems like he's genuine and he treats Arthit really gently. I'm surprised Arthit had never told you about this since the both of you are really close." Kongpob glanced at Arthit one last time, his frown deepened a little and he made a phone call the moment he left the Rojnapat's residence.

A/N:
Hey guys, sorry for the late update. University started and I'm back with lectures and assignments, so updates might be really slow. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and have a good day❤️