Chapter 33

Kongpob: 25 Arthit: 17

3rd Person's POV
Kongpob arrived at the subway where he found Arthit sitting on a bench near the exit. The boy was looking down on his feet, looking obviously distressed.

"Arthit!" Kongpob quickly jogged to the younger's side as the latter lifted his head upon hearing his name.

"P'." The boy replied when Kongpob stopped in front of him, his voice was a little somber.

"Why are you here, kid? Your brothers and Mr. Rojnapat were searching for you everywhere." Apparently, Arthit had taken a train and traveled across states to where Kongpob was without his family's consent and that caused a ruckus in the family when they found out Arthit didn't come home for a whole day.

"I don't want to be home, P'. Not now, please." Kongpob sighed a little hearing his word and patted the boy's shoulder.

"Then follow me, we'll go back to the palace first." Kongpob pulled Arthit to his feet and led the boy back to his car. He'd already texted Prem that Arthit is with him and that his brother wasn't in the best mood to come home. He did assure Prem that he'll be taking good care of his brother and told the Rojnapats to give Arthit some time alone.

"The palace?" Arthit asked as soon as they got into the house with Kongpob helping him to place his backpack into the backseat of the car.

"Yeah, didn't you see the news already?"

"About you becoming the new Alpha King of Thailand? I did, but I never thought you would be really staying in the palace."

"The palace is where I would usually work, I've a home elsewhere that's located near the palace. I don't really like the palace, it seems really cold to me." Kongpob replied as the younger nodded his head and fell silent for a moment.

"Alpha King Kongpob?" The boy snickered a little as he said and Kongpob burst out laughing as he gently smack Arthit's head.

"Don't mock me, okay? Just call me P' like you always do."

"Then... do I have to bow to you every time I meet you?" Arthit questioned curiously, his eyes curved a little as he continued, "Oh My Alpha King, would Your Majesty like to have tea with your humble servant."

"Hey!" Kongpob couldn't stop his laughs as he heard the younger's words, "No formalities are needed between me and you, okay? Remember that and stop with that bullshit 'my Alpha King' and 'Your Majesty'."

"Yes, my Alpha King." Arthit answered teasingly with the both of them sharing smiles and the 'my Alpha King' made Kongpob feel a little weird this time.

Maybe Arthit's visit could lighten his heart from the situations he is now facing.

_______________________________________

"Well, welcome to the palace and feel free to explore around if you want. But we'll be leaving around dinnertime, okay? I'll be in my office to get some work done." Kongpob notified the younger before leaving him with the butler of the palace as he rushed back to his office to finalize a few documents that were pending. Even though he snatched the throne from Decha, he wouldn't abandon his duties as the Alpha King and will try his best to rule the country and treat his people well.

The butler took Arthit on a small tour around the palace, visiting from the kitchen to the library and even to the gardens. Arthit was amazed at the décor albeit his home was already embellished compared to other people's homes.

"Up next is the young prince's quarters." The butler said as the both of them stopped in front of a grandiose wooden door.

"The young prince?" Arthit asked carefully, afraid that he might be prying into the Royal Family's secret.

"Yes, Prince Kasem, the Alpha King's half-brother." The butler explained, knowing that Arthit is a safe person to tell the truth to since the Alpha King had already given him a brief talk on the phone before arriving back to the palace.

"Oh." Arthit nodded his head softly. He'd never heard much about the young prince since the previous Alpha King hid the young prince from the people's eyes, not wanting Prince Kasem to face judgements and voices at such a young age.

Arthit was about to turn and leave when the door in front of them swing and thud. He yelped as was stunned to see a boy around his age appear and the boy was equally surprised.

"Prince Kasem." The butler was quick to greet the young prince and Arthit managed to compose himself swiftly, bowing his head to the prince.

The young prince simply nodded his head to the duo, and the butler nudged Arthit's shoulder, telling him that he can lift his head now.

"Who is he?" The prince asked as soon as his gaze met Arthit's and the latter shivers a little when the pair of hazel eyes were glancing at him too intensely along with his dominating aura.

"He's the Alpha King's guest, Prince Kasem." The butler introduced, "Arthit."

Arthit smiled a little, unsure if he should outstretch his hand to the prince for a handshake or he should just keep his head low.

"Arthit?" Arthit nod his head silently, looking at the prince's hand that was in front of his eyes before hesitantly taking it for a handshake. He could feel the firm grip on his hand and he tried to resist the urge to pull away.

"How old are you?" The prince asked as he let go of the other's hand.

"I-I'm 17." Arthit stuttered a bit as he averted his gaze away from the prince, not knowing that the gesture might be rude to the Royal Family.

"Oh, then I should call you P', then. You're a year older than me."

"There's no need for that, Prince Kasem." Arthit instantly replied, gingerly taking in a deep breath.

"Kid." Arthit heaved in relief internally when he heard the familiar voice behind him and instantly turned to the Alpha King that was walking towards them. Instinctually, his hand reached out to grab onto the hem of Kongpob's shirt, clutching it tightly in his fist.

"P'." Kasem greeted Kongpob before gazing back at the Omega that caught his attention the moment he laid his eyes on the breathtaking boy.

Kongpob's brows furrowed a little as he noticed his brother's ogle on Arthit and he perceived Arthit's discomfort.

"We'll be leaving first, Kasem. I won't be back for dinner." Kongpob softly pats his brother's hair and instantly grabbed Arthit's wrist, tugging the younger to leave. Arthit had no choice but to quickly catch up to Kongpob's steps after bidding his goodbye, not that he was complaining since he'd been yearning to leave after meeting Kasem.

Kongpob was going to ask Arthit about his brother but decided not to when he noticed the younger's smile as soon as they left the palace and he didn't have the heart to ruin Arthit's radiant mood.

'Maybe it was just nothing.' Maybe Arthit was just nervous about meeting a member of the Royal Family.