Chapter 28

Kongpob: 22 Arthit: 13

3rd Person's POV
"Mr. Rojnapat." The man seated behind the desk looked up from his documents and found his son coming into his office with his friend.

"Prem." His son nodded and greeted him before he turn to the other young man in the room, "Kongpob, what brings you here? Congrats on your graduation the other day."

"Thanks, Mr. Rojnapat, for the gift you gave a few days ago. I really liked it." Kongpob said and he sat along with Prem in front of Mr. Rojnapat's desk. He was looking at the older male and the man was taking a sip of his coffee. He then took a deep breath internally before finally saying, "Mr. Rojnapat, I would like to officially work full-time for you.

"Wh-What?" Mr. Rojnapat almost choked on his drink as he stared at Kongpob in shock and confusion. Kongpob could understand why the man felt that way. After sending Kongpob off to university and graduating as one of the best students, he had a bright future ahead even if he works for others.

But he already had other ideas in mind and he knew he needed to get a job under Mr. Rojnapat. Most importantly, the ones that involve the darker side.

"I've already considered about everything, Mr. Rojnapat, and I am really dedicated to working for you."

"But..." He could see the hesitation in the man's eyes and Prem was also really unsure about it when he heard Kongpob's thoughts.

"I'm not talking about the jobs that I do when I was still in university, Mr. Rojnapat. I'm talking about the ones I did after I graduated from high school." Mr. Rojnapat fell even silent after hearing that and Kongpob looks at him in full of determination.

After a few moments, Mr. Rojnapat heaved a sigh, "Kongpob, I'll consider about it. Give me a few days to think through."

Kongpob had always been Prem's best friend and Arthit's brother and he didn't want this fine and lovely young man to proceed to an unreturnable path.

"Okay, thank you, Mr. Rojnapat." Kongpob got up and left the room. He was getting out of the Rojnapat's residence when he bumped into the youngest Rojnapat.

"Hey, kid!" He shouted when he saw the kid crouching in the garden with some gloves on and a shovel, and he was looking at a small pile of dirt.

"P'?" The kid glanced at Kongpob and instantly waved at him, his eyes curved into beautiful crescents and Kongpob could feel his mood uplifted as he jogged towards the boy.

"What are you doing here? It's almost dinner time." He looked at his watch and said but the boy pulled him by his wrist and he was now crouching beside him.

"I'm planting some flowers." Arthit replied as he picked up a few packets of seeds from the ground and thrust them into Kongpob's hands.

"What flowers?"

"Sunflowers and maybe daisies?" Arthit tore open the pack of sunflower seeds and took the small germinating tray, filling it with soil before making small holes in the middle of the pots of soil.

"How do you know about gardening?" Kongpob was a little amazed that the 13-year-old knew about germinating the seeds.

"Daddy had a gardener, Aunt Aara, come over every evening and I learned from her." Arthit placed a few seeds into each pot on the tray and patted closed the hole. He then grabbed a small disposable plastic pipette, filling it with water from the bucket he'd prepared earlier on. Kongpob saw the little tool Arthit used and he chuckled.

"A pipette?" He asked and he could sense the annoyance in Arthit's glare.

"Aunt Aara said this will be easier for me to water the right amount of water in each pot." Arthit rolled his eyes and Kongpob gently patted his hair while laughing softly.

"Do you need my help?"

"You're only asking it when I'm almost done?" The younger snorted and Kongpob laughed even louder, harshly stroking Arthit's hair.

Arthit slapped his hand away and grunted, "Are you staying over for dinner? If not, shoo!"

"I'm not staying over, have a few things to be done." Kongpob exhaled heavily before standing up and Arthit lifted his head and looked up at Kongpob.

"Shoo." Kongpob's smile widened as he pretended to push Arthit who was still crouching and almost lost his balance as he tried to avoid Kongpob's hand.

"P'!" Arthit's brows furrowed and he looked like he was about to snap at Kongpob.

"I really need to get going now, bye." Kongpob handed him back the packets of seeds and rode his bike out of the residence. When he just set foot in his apartment, he got a phone call from Som. Carefully picking it up, his ears were immediately blasted by the old man's voice.

"What did you just do, Kongpob?"

"You got the news already, Som?" Kongpob took off his shoes and plopped himself on the couch.

"I've got people following you to keep you safe, Kongpob. You knew that and you knew they'll tell me if anything happens."

"Then you shouldn't be surprised."

"You promised to join in my plan to seek revenge for your mother by becoming the next Alpha King and Decha and the current crown prince will be vanished from this Earth, and that's it!"

"That's my plan as well." Kongpob picked up the cigarette box from his coffee table, took one cigarette out, and lit it. He inhaled deeply before huffing the smoke out, hoping that he would feel better while talking to Somchai.

"Then why the fuck did you tell Rojnapat you want to work for him? That has never been our plan and will never be!"

"I know what I'm doing, Som. Don't worry about your only grandson, okay?" Kongpob took a few more huffs of the cigarette and butted it as he said in a cheerful voice.

"No, you don't know what you're getting into, Kongpob."

"Oh please, I'm already trying to snatch the throne from the Alpha King. Working for the Rojnapats is my smallest sin."

"That's not it, Kongpob! The Rojnapats control the darker side of the world. Sure, Decha has a few connections with them but they're not on good terms either but you getting involved yourself is the worst thing you could do right now."

"Why?" Kongpob asked with a small smile and he could hear Somchai taking a few deep breaths, "I know getting the throne won't be easy but I know the Rojnapat will be of good use to me especially if I could control both the light and dark side."

His answer was met with silence and he could hear a few rustling sounds from the phone.

"Kong."

"Mmhmm."

"Why don't we just call it quits?" Somchai is getting worried about what more crazy things that Kongpob would do for 'Dara's sake' and he doesn't know if he could bear to see his only grandchild falling deeper and deeper into an endless hole.

"No." And Kongpob's answer made him regret his decision to tell the young man the truth about everything.

A/N:
Happy Lunar New Year to those who are celebrating. I'm celebrating it so I was really busy these few days. It took me more than a week to fully recover from my illness since my last update and even now, I still have a little problem with my throat but I'm all good now, and thanks to those who expressed concern. Also, please do read my latest story 'Feeding The CEO' and comment your thoughts. I'll surely read them but not immediately though since I'm not as active on this platform anymore. Thanks for being patient with the update and have a great day❤️