Chapter 11

Kongpob: 17 Arthit: 9

3rd Person's POV
Arthit felt like something was off lately. He hadn't seen his brother's best friend for almost a month and it was really strange for Kongpob not to appear in the Rojnapat household for such a long time.

"P'Prem." Arthit pulled on his brother's sleeve when he saw him walking through the living room. The older guy stopped on his track and turned to look at his brother curiously.

"What's wrong, Arthit?" He crouched and looked into Arthit's eyes when he noticed the latter's furrowed brows.

"Umm, where's P'Kongpob?" Arthit hesitated for a moment before asking. He wasn't sure if Prem would feel it was weird for him to ask about his friend's whereabouts.

"He'd left for his job a month ago. Why are you asking?"

"Oh, I just felt like I haven't seen him for a very long time." Arthit explained, fidgeting on his feet.

"He should be back in a few days. His work is going to be done soon after all." Prem stood up straight as he said, his eyes flashing with emotions unknown to Arthit.

"Is P'Kongpob doing something dangerous, P'Prem?" Arthit tilted his head slightly while trying to figure out what Prem was feeling inside.

"He's working with dad." It was all Prem could say. Arthit didn't and shouldn't know what their father is doing and the same goes for what Kongpob is doing for their father. Kongpob had been working under Mr. Rojnapat's guidance since Prem introduced both of them and Mr. Rojnapat really does look up to Kongpob's skills. Hence, he decided to send Kongpob off for a solo mission during their summer break, to prove that he's worthy to stay under Mr. Rojnapat's team after he's done with high school.

"Oh." Arthit nods his head and plopped himself back on the couch as he watched his favorite cartoon. Prem on the other hand sighed in relief as Arthit decided not to question further. He looked at Arthit one last time before walking up the stairs to Mr. Rojnapat's office.

"Dad, how's Kongpob and his mission?" Prem asked the moment he seated himself in front of Mr. Rojnapat.

"He'd just finished his job this morning and would be back by the evening. All is going well but he did get hurt a little on his mission. It wasn't anything serious but I'd still arranged a checkup for him." Mr. Rojnapat replied, closing the documents on the table as he'd done reviewing them.

"Really?"

"Yes, that kid had a lot of talent in him. He's a gem." Mr. Rojnapat chuckled as he said in both surprise and pride. Kongpob had amazed him when he'd finished his job earlier by one week than the intended deadline and Mr. Rojnapat knew that this kid is the one.

"So, you'll recruit him under your wings after he graduates?" Prem asked impatiently, knowing that Kongpob had full intention to work for his father and he was really excited for his friend as he'd astonished the older man.

"We'll see. He should still consider other options other than working for me. As much as I want him under my team, he should still reevaluate his decision not to go to college for further studies. After all, he did pretty well in his academics and I don't mind providing a bright student like him scholarships if he decided to pursue higher education." Mr. Rojnapat pushed his glasses as he said to Prem. To him, Kongpob is a boy full of talent and he didn't want the teen to make rash decisions that he would regret in the future. Moreover, Kongpob is Prem's best friend and he didn't want to be the person who leads Kongpob to a road of never turning back since his corporation is dealing with things that should be hidden in the dark. And if Kongpob is still unsure, he should never step foot into their world.

"Okay, I'll tell him about that when he returns."

____________________________

"P'Kongpob!" Arthit yelled in surprise but his surprise soon turned to shock and worry as he ran to Kongpob's side.

'I knew I shouldn't have come here.' Kongpob, however, refused to face the younger as he turned his face away from Arthit and averted his gaze.

"P'!" But the younger, voice filled with concern, ran to the other side of the older man to look more clearly at Kongpob's face and his hand trembled.

"Kid, just stand where you are. Don't come too close to me." Kongpob said, taking a step back but resisting himself from stepping away once more when he noticed Arthit touched his bruised knuckles with shaking hands.

"P', what happened?" Arthit looked up from the scars and cuts and into Kongpob's gaze with teary eyes.

"I'm all good, kid. Just a few cuts and bruises." Kongpob crouched down, his eyes leveled with Arthit as he said. The younger's tears flowed when he caressed Kongpob's bruised cheek and the older guy flinched slightly.

"Is it painful?" The kid asked, almost inaudibly.

"No, not at all." Kongpob tried to comfort the younger but Arthit doesn't seem like believing his words.

"I'm really fine, Arthit. Mr. Rojnapat had already arranged a checkup for me and the doctor said I'm alright."

"Okay." Arthit nodded his head, eyes still filled with worry. During dinner time, Arthit was busy tending to Kongpob as he asked the servants for help to serve Kongpob. Sure, Kongpob did get hurt, but he's still able to move his arms and legs. So, he felt a little awkward when the servants stood by his side, serving and offering him food and drinks. He couldn't stop the younger since Mr. Rojnapat wasn't against it either.

"P'Kongpob, I'll help you." He inaudibly sighed when he heard Arthit running to him from behind and grabbed the glass of water that was already in his hand for him. He followed the younger to the living room and both of them sat on the couch.

It was then that Kongpob decided to tell Arthit, "Arthit, I'm really fine. I'd been in many worst conditions before. So don't feel so distressed and worried, okay?"

He gently patted Arthit's head and the younger was picking on the skin of his finger, "Okay, but you have to tell me if you need help. Pinky promise?"

"Yes, yes." Kongpob chuckled and hooked his pinky with Arthit's. He now knew that he should never appear in front of Arthit if he even got a little hurt.

'So that the little kid doesn't worry or frown too much.' Kongpob said to himself but his heart still warmed to the thought of someone feeling concerned for him.

"I promise I won't be hurt next time, okay?" As much as he liked this feeling, he still know that it was bad to agitate the younger too much.

"If you got hurt next time, I-I, umm, you should treat me to pink milk for a month." And Kongpob could only chuckle at the adorable promise.

A/N:
Will be editing this story for the next few days so the next update will be on next week.