Chapter 18

Kongpob: 19 Arthit: 11

3rd Person's POV
His head lowered as he focused his gaze on the notebook placed in front of him. His rowdy friends were still chattering away but nothing seemed to be able to bother him as he paid full attention to his notes.

"Kong." But he was startled out of his studying session when a hand suddenly patted his shoulder and he almost stood up from his chair out of fright.

"Geez man, you scared the shit out of me!" Kongpob tried to calm his breath as he turned to look at his friend, Aim.

"Chill, dude." Aim said as he sat opposite Kongpob and the latter shut his book.

"What brings you here?" Kongpob asked when he finally managed to calm down. Aim is currently studying at the same university as him but this friend of his decided to pursue engineering whereas Kongpob decided to study economics. He'd debated which programs should he take but after much consideration, he'd find economics to be the one he favored the most and Mr. Rojnapat agreed with his choice as well, saying he'll be offered a job at his company once he graduated. Kongpob had denied the offer but he knew Mr. Rojnapat only brushed his rejection aside.

"Do you want to come to a party this weekend? Wad was hosting it for our high school gathering and Prem's gonna be there too."

"Prem's coming back? I thought he was busy with finals." Kong said as he remembered his friend complaining about not having enough time to study while juggling with loads of assignments.

"His exam is gonna be done by this week and he'll fly home the next day, so he's gonna make it. Plus, Wad was hosting, of course, he'll be considerate of Prem's schedule." Aim explained and Kongpob remembered that Wad was the one organizing the party. He thought about the time when the two came out to their group of friends as a couple, most of them were shocked, but Kongpob had kind of noticed the amorous exchange between them even before they graduated high school. To Kongpob, it was just a matter of time before the two of them got together. Mr. Rojnapat found out about Prem and Wad a month ago and the older man was acceptive of it since he knew Wad is a good guy and Prem really loves him.

"I'll be there too." Kongpob said and Aim patted his shoulder before leaning close to his ear, whispering.

"There'll be girls there too."

"So?" Kongpob raised a brow looking at Aim. He never knew that his friend would be that excited to find girls at parties since Aim could be a little shy when he's around new people.

"You might be able to find your girl there. You know?" Aim winked and Kongpob rolled his eyes.

"You know I'm not in the mood to seek for a partner right now. What about you? You seem excited, is it because May's going too?" Kong's question instantly shut Aim up as he sat straight and coughed while looking to the side. Kongpob could see Aim's ears reddened at the mention of the girl's name.

"Still crushing that hard on her?" Kongpob asked and Aim turned to him, glaring at him hard.

"What? You're literally asking for it for even trying to provoke me."

"I don't have a crush on her." Aim yelled in a hushed whisper and Kong shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever you say, man, keep lying to yourself." Kong still couldn't understand why Aim wouldn't confess to May even though almost everyone knew that he really likes her. May had moved to another city with her family and had been to college in the new place too, but that didn't stop Aim from trying to keep in touch with her and everyone else could also see that May likes Aim too. But the two oblivious ones had never thought about confessing to each other, which frustrated Aim's and May's friends.

The week rolled by with Kongpob busy with his assignment while juggling with his side job where he worked for Mr. Rojnapat. He was basically like a part-time assistant that handled some paperwork. He wasn't involved in any dangerous work like what he did when he'd just graduated from high school as Mr. Rojnapat had refused to let him take up those jobs, not until he finished college at least.

The party was held in the Rojnapat's residence but was in a hall quite distant from the main home of the residence. When Kongpob had just arrived, he'd first gone to the main home to meet up with Mr. Rojnapat.

"Mr. Rojnapat." He greeted when he saw the older man.

"You're here, Kong. Come take a seat." Kongpob had been a frequent visitor of the residence even when Prem is not around. Mr. Rojnapat had wanted him to be less formal around the family but Kongpob insisted to remain to call him 'Mr. Rojnapat' since he's the one paying his paycheck.

Kongpob sat on the couch and was tapping his foot, waiting for Prem to be ready since he'd just landed and he saw Arthit sitting on the other side of the couch. The kid has a bowl and a spoon in his hands, and he seems like he was eating some yogurt. His eyes were fixated on the television and he doesn't seem like he'd noticed Kongpob yet. So, Kongpob sneakily scooted closer to the younger and flicked his forehead out of the blue. Arthit was so startled that he dropped his bowl and the yogurt splattered all around the floor.

"P'Kong!" Arthit was fuming when he saw his yogurt on the floor.

"I'm sorry." Kongpob wasn't expecting such a huge reaction from Arthit as he quickly grabbed a few tissues to try to clean the yogurt off the floor.

"But that was the last one." Arthit was still whining as he got up and got some wet wipes from the cabinet, tossing them to Kongpob still feeling really pissed.

"I'll treat you to another one tomorrow, okay?" Kongpob tried to console the younger boy when he was done cleaning the floor.

"But I want it now." The boy was pouting his lips and looked really inconsolable.

"Or... Or you help me to get into P'Wad's party." Arthit looked around and made sure his dad wasn't there before whispering to Kongpob. He'd wanted to go to Wad's party but his dad said no when he even mentioned it and he wasn't able to tell Prem too since his brother had a busy month and he didn't want to bother him much.

"I can't help you with that. Mr. Rojnapat said you can't attend." Kongpob knew that Mr. Rojnapat didn't want Prem to be busy taking care of Arthit at the party and not be able to have fun so he'd rejected the younger's idea.

"Please, P'." Arthit started begging and Kongpob could only sigh defeatedly.

"I'll ask Prem about it, but if he said no, I'll not go against him too."

"Thank you, P'." Arthit was jumping on his feet enthusiastically and Kongpob knew Arthit would be able to go to the party since Prem spoiled him to the core and would try to convince Mr. Rojnapat.

A/N:
Finally another update. My finals are approaching soon so I might not be able to update every week. Thanks for reading and have a nice week.