Chapter 19

Kongpob: 19 Arthit: 11

A/N:
Just a heads-up guys, please don't hate me for writing this chapter. It's only for the plot...
Anyways, happy reading❤️

_______________________________________

3rd Person's POV
"Stick by my side and don't just walk off alone, okay? If you need anything, just tell me. I don't want you to be lost in the hall even though we're still in our house." Kongpob was watching Prem giving Arthit 'warnings' since he didn't want the younger to disappear out of the blue and cause havoc like he'd done when Arthit visited their high school back then.

"I understand, P'." Arthit nodded but Kongpob knew he wasn't sincere just by the mischievous grin he have when Prem turned around.

"You should listen to Prem, kid, or else this will be the last time I help you." Kongpob came to Arthit's side and said when Prem started leading the two to the hall where the party was held. The kid was obviously a little upset for not being able to roam around freely but had to obey what Kongpob said.

Throughout the night, Arthit was stuck by Prem's side but he was feeling bored since he couldn't really understand nor was he interested in the adults' conversation. Prem noticed that and waved a servant to bring the younger back to the main home and rest.

"You looked tired, Arthit. Go and rest, I'll bring you out and have fun tomorrow, okay?" Prem coaxed the younger and Arthit nodded his head, following the servant back to the main home. When he was sure Arthit had safely arrived back home, Prem turned to the side and found Kongpob sitting alone on a stool near the minibar.

"Anything wrong?" Prem asked as he poured some water for Kongpob. They're still not of drinking age yet although they would take a few sips when Mr. Rojnapat was around, Prem had promised to not serve alcohol at the party since he didn't want to cause any possible trouble to his father.

"I'm fine, just a little tired that's all." Kongpob sighed as he turned to the side and his eyes immediately caught a beautiful figure on the dancefloor. She wasn't dancing but was only speaking to the people around her with a sweet and shy smile. He couldn't take his eyes off of her and she seems to notice his gaze as she turned around and smiled at him.

"Oh, that's KhaoFang. She's my friend back at college but she's from here as well, so I invited her too." Prem said when he noticed Kong's heated gaze on his friend.

"KhaoFang?" Kongpob repeated her name and it felt oddly soothing.

"Yes, she's from the Arts Department and we met in the photography club. She's cute but is usually silent and a little introverted."

"She's really beautiful." Kongpob muttered under his breath and Prem almost snickered when he saw his friend stiffen as KhaoFang shyly glanced at Kongpob again.

"I know."

"Wad wouldn't be happy if he heard you complimenting another girl." Prem almost spit out the water in his mouth when he felt a hand pat his shoulder and Aim appeared behind the both of them, "What's with him?"

"I think he might be in love." Prem smirked and saw Aim raising a brow at him before glancing at Kongpob. The duo looked as Kongpob stood up from his seat, tidying his shirt as he started to walk toward the girl. Prem was startled when his phone suddenly rang and he instantly picked up, noticing that it was from his father.

"Dad?"

"What? Arthit is in the hospital?!"

"How did that happen?"

"I'll be there soon."

Prem's conversation with his father made Kongpob stop in his step as he followed Prem who was rushing out of the venue after telling Aim to help him look out at the party.

"What happened to Arthit, Prem?" Kongpob finally was able to ask when they were in the car on the way to the hospital.

"He'd fallen and his head hit on the sink. His forehead was bleeding profusely and dad brought him to the hospital to get a few stitches done." When they arrived at the emergency ward, they could hear a boy sobbing.

"Oon!" Prem rushed to the younger's side as Arthit continued weeping in pain with Mr. Rojnapat hugging him really tightly.

"P'Prem." Arthit called out between hiccups and was wiping off the tears on his cheeks roughly. Prem knew that Arthit was still really in pain and he wasn't able to speak much so he tightly embrace the younger, rocking him as he whispered softly by Arthit's ear. Kongpob stood quietly behind them, knowing that Prem is trying his best to console Arthit.

"The bleeding has stopped and the stitches were done. But we'll still do a thorough checkup just to make sure everything is alright." Mr. Rojnapat said as he handed Prem some tissue to wipe the tears off of Arthit's cheeks.

"How did he fall?"

"He was careless when he was showering." After the checkup, the report came out fine and Arthit was allowed to go home. The younger fell asleep in Prem's arms on the way back, snoring softly. Kongpob followed them home to help Prem take care of the post-party cleanup. He saw Prem instructing a few servants when he arrived at the hall and most of their friends had already gone back.

"How was Arthit?" Aim asked when he caught sight of Kongpob by the entrance.

"He's fine, just had a few stitches." Kong explained the incident before he started helping out. It was already dawn when everything is done and Mr. Rojnapat invited them to stay the night. Kongpob was going to his room when Aim stopped him, pulling him by his forearm.

"Wait, Kong." He said as he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Kongpob, "Here, a girl called KhaoFang gave you this."

Kongpob was a little surprised as he'd thought he missed the only chance to get to know the girl. So he'd accepted it with his heart pounding hardly in excitement. After bidding Aim goodbye, he went inside his room and sat by the bed. He carefully opened the note and smiled when he found a set of phone numbers written neatly and meticulously on the paper. He took out his phone and saved the number before sending a text over.

'Hey, this is Kongpob.'

And Kong's heart almost leaped out of his chest when his phone instantly chimed because of a new incoming message.