Chapter 32

Kongpob: 25 Arthit: 17

Days passed as Kongpob was crowned the next Alpha King. Suspicions started rising as many claimed that Kongpob's sudden appearance as the Royal family raised many questions especially when he was abruptly announced to be the heir to the throne. But Kongpob managed to present documents that said Kongpob will be the rightful heir if anything happens as the young Prince Kasem will be illegible to rule the kingdom since he is still young and Kongpob is the first child of the Alpha King.

Kongpob heaved a soft sigh, relieved that he finally took care of the previous Alpha King and got the throne he wanted. And now, he'd only one last thing yet to be done.

"Khao?" He took out his phone and dialed to KhaoFang. He softly called out and he could hear the girl's excited giggle when she picked up the phone.

"Kong, when are you coming to see me? I missed you so much." The girl said, whining cutely into the phone. But hearing her, Kongpob was silent.

After a few moments, KhaoFang started to feel a little strange by his quietness, "Kong?"

"KhaoFang... Let's just break up."

"But why?! We've been so good together, why did you want to break up with me? Is there something wrong?" KhaoFang's voice break as she sniffles a little.

"Khao."

"I love you, Kong."

"Yeah, and I love myself too." Kongpob lit a cigarette, taking a huff.

"This isn't the time to joke around, Kong!" KhaoFang started sobbing to the man but Kongpob wasn't bothered by her sobs this time.

"I knew what you did, Khao."

"H-Huh? What do you mean, Kong? Did someone tell you some rumors about me? You must believe me, Kong."

"I knew everything about you and your father, KhaoFang, everything that the both of you had done."

"Kong... I... I'm so-" Before KhaoFang could speak any further, Kongpob instantly hung up the call, tossing his phone on the table. He inhaled one last time before budding his cigarette.

He'd known about KhaoFang and her family almost 2 years ago, ever since Somchai did an investigation on her.

KhaoFang is actually Boon's daughter, a minister that is in the cabinet. Boon was one of the most trusted ministers by Decha and the previous Alpha King trusted lots of secrets about the minister. Hence, Boon was one of the few people that knew about Kongpob's existence and Decha's scheme to eliminate Kongpob and his mother, Dara.

KhaoFang was also never an omega as she'd claimed and Kongpob would've never mind that she was a beta. But there were motives behind the lies she'd told to Kongpob.

Apparently, Boon was behind Kongpob and KhaoFang's relationship. He was the one that arranged for the both of them to meet and for Kongpob to fall in love with his daughter. He'd found out about Kongpob 10 years ago, that the boy was still alive. He wanted to use this as a chance to grab the throne from Decha, to use Kongpob to constrain the previous Alpha King. KhaoFang was in it as well, she was ordered by Boon to seduce Kongpob and to manipulate Kongpob to be on their side and help them snatch the throne from the Royal Family.

In the beginning, Kongpob still thought about the chances that KhaoFang was forced into her father's scheme, until Somchai found out that she has a beta boyfriend whom she was always with whenever she was back at university, away from Kongpob. Somchai gave him recordings and pictures of her talking to her boyfriend about Kongpob, how it was funny to her that she managed to grasp and control Kongpob, making him swoon all over her, and how she'd never loved him.

At that point, Kongpob knew that everything was just a façade with KhaoFang and he knew what he needs to do.

He wasn't going to let Boon go as he told KhaoFang...

In a few days, Boon and his family will be gone for good, along with KhaoFang and her boyfriend, and the cabinet will welcome a new minister that is and will always be by Kongpob's side.

.

.

.

Kongpob was startled out of his thought when his phone rang. He was ready to silence it as he thought it would be from KhaoFang thinking that she could still save their 'relationship' together. But his hand halted when he saw Arthit's name flashing on the screen.

"Arthit?" He picked up the phone immediately as he'd thought the younger would be by his apartment door waiting for him. He hadn't told Arthit he'd already left his old apartment nor did he tell the young omega that he is now the new Alpha King, but Arthit might have known about the latter already from the news these days.

"P'Kongpob, where are you? Can you come and get me?"

A/N:
I'm back, guys. Finally in my semester break and I'll be consistent in writing again (hopefully), so here's a rather short update. Please bare with me, it's been long since I wrote anything and I'm a little rusty already. But anyways, thanks for reading and stay tuned to the next chapter.