Chapter 30

Kongpob: 24 Arthit: 16

3rd Person's POV
Kongpob turned to the side as he looked at the kid standing with his head bowed low, not daring to even peek at Kongpob. The man sighed internally before turning back to the teacher sitting in front of the desk.

"I really understand that." Kongpob said as he tried to appease the teacher, "I'll keep an eye on him as well." The meeting with the teacher went on for another 15 minutes and Kongpob could finally leave the staff's office along with Arthit tailing behind him.

"Do you have any more to say?" Kongpob asked as soon as the both of them entered his car and his question was only met with silence.

"First of all, you left my contacts as your caretaker. I don't want to go too deep into that. Then, you were dating a guy in the same grade as you. I personally don't oppose it, but you knew what others would think. Now, you were kissing that guy in school." Kongpob's every word made Arthit's ears flush red in embarrassment and his eyes began watering slightly. He sniffled a little and that made Kongpob inhale deeply, trying to brush off the irritation and discontentment.

"Arthit Rojnapat." Kongpob called out when he felt tired of the younger's quietness and his stern voice made the boy shudder.

"I..." The boy finally spoke a word after he met Kongpob hours ago, "I initially wrote P'Prem's contacts but since he was busy traveling, I wrote down yours. Other P's were busy and daddy is too, and I didn't want him to be too worried about me at school."

"If you didn't want him to worry too much, you should've just left his contacts so that your homeroom teacher can always keep him updated with your conditions in school."

"He... He wouldn't understand some of the things." Arthit said in a soft voice and Kongpob almost scoffed, knowing Mr. Rojnapat already had his connection to get to know things about Arthit even if the younger didn't leave his number for his homeroom teacher.

"Okay, what about dating the guy? You knew about the school rules of not dating." The boy nodded his head, his lips slightly ajar as if he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"Your teacher found the both of you kissing in the locker room."

"I wasn't kissing him... We've already broken up." Kongpob was a little surprised to hear that since about a month ago, he'd heard from Prem that the two were still in a relationship.

"He tried to force himself on me at school, again..."

"What do you mean 'again'?" Kongpob's eyes narrowed when he caught that particular word and his heart started beating uneasily.

"After we dated for about a few months, I come clean to him, telling him I'm an Omega and I usually mask my scent when I'm outside. I told him my boundaries about intimacy and he said he'll respect my wishes. But last week, some things happened and I decided to break up with him." Even though Arthit had not specified what exactly happened, Kongpob knew right away what went wrong and he is supportive of Arthit's decision.

"And today, he tried to talk me into getting back together with him and when I refused he tried to force himself on me." Kongpob could sense that Arthit was really disturbed to tell him everything that happened. The wound was still too fresh to even be touched.

"You should've told me earlier what happened. I can even help you deal with everything if you wanted that crap to be gone forever from here."

"It's fine, I don't want to have anything with him anymore. The teachers' eyes will be on us from now on and he would back off and leave me alone soon." Being one of the top students in the high school, Arthit had always been the teachers' favorite and the school's most prioritized student. Arthit was always the one to be offered to join many different competitions representing the school and he usually didn't let anyone down either, earning more and more trust from the school authorities. So, when he was caught with his ex, it became a big deal. Dating was considered a misdeed, especially in high schools where students should only focus on their academics and they deem that dating would cause top students like Arthit to shift their attention away from their studies because of their relationship, and the teachers wouldn't want any of that to happen.

"Okay, if you need anything, just tell me. Don't always keep everything to yourself. Prem isn't here now, but you can still count on me." Kongpob ruffled the boy's hair as he nodded with a little smile. Kongpob then started the car and Arthit turned to look out the window as they left the school.

"P'Kong, do you have a girlfriend?" Kongpob felt a little surprised by that question since he'd thought Prem already told Arthit that he was dating KhaoFang since the two just got together.

"Yes, I have."

"How long have you been dating?"

"Four years. Our anniversary was two months ago." Kongpob sighed a little when he answered.

"Four years, four years is a really long time. Why haven't you proposed to her?" Arthit asked curiously as his gaze focused on the man.

"Four years is long. But not long enough for her."

"What do you mean?"

"She said she wasn't ready." Arthit nodded his head, his eyes filled with confusion but he didn't question further.

Kongpob had thought four years was long enough to take the next step. But KhaoFang said she needs more time and Kongpob respects her decision.

But Kongpob started feeling weird after his failed proposal. He started noticing KhaoFang rejecting his touch and even not wanting to stay in the same room as him for a long time. She would sometimes make up excuses to not stay the night in Kongpob's apartment and Kongpob was always left speechless, staring at her retreating back.

'Maybe we need a cool-off.' That is all Kongpob could say to reassure himself about their relationship.

A/N:
If any of you were confused about Kongpob getting called in when the school found out Arthit was in a relationship, it's because most Asian countries' schools prohibited students from having relationships as teenagers are seen to be young and reckless, and they should only focus on their academics, since exam results are really important to the students if they wanted to study further in the future and get 'good jobs'.

Sorry for not updating last week, I was really busy. I still have lots of things to complete and I couldn't be sure if I would be able to do weekly updates anymore. I majored in science, specifically in health sciences, so classes are really tough and even though I'm only in my first year, I'm still really busy with lectures, labs, and revisions as I need to build a strong foundation for the courses I'll be taking in the future. Please be patient with me, thanks for reading, and see you in the next update.