Politically Incorrect

So, this story is completely thanks to roiskate who EVERYONE should check out on here, because her stories are AMAZING. She's the one who inspired and encouraged this to be posted soo do show your thanks to her.

This is definitely a little different than my other stories, but I hope you guys will enjoy it anyway :)

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

I sighed as I looked outside the window of the town car. I felt slightly nauseous, and was unsure if it was the car ride, or where I was going. The sight of trees whizzing by made me even more nauseous and I quickly turned my gaze back into the car. Seated next to me was my Aunt Patricia, advisor to the royal family.

I suppose I never really thought anything of her position before I needed a job. She was just my Aunt Patty, keeping the royal family out of trouble...or whatever it was she did. I had been studying political science with a minor in communications at Cambridge University. I had little ideas on exactly what I wanted to do, which was pretty ridiculous. Who graduated from college and still had no idea what to do? I had an idea, mind you. I knew I wanted something along the lines of politics. Perhaps a political analyst, or be like my aunt...it seemed like the best thing for someone with a communications minor.

My dreams were a tad out of reach at the moment though, seeing as I had no experience. A degree from Cambridge was impressive, of course, but nobody wanted help from a fresh college graduate. This was the whole reason I was here with my Aunt Patty, who had been very helpful throughout my college career. She had been busy keeping up with the royals and making sure she looked great in the public eye, but she was never too far to help if I needed her. This job was just another way she was there for me. I suppose it wasn't exactly what I was aspiring to, but it was definitely close enough.

I could only begin to imagine the opportunities that would present themselves with assisting the royal family on my resume. I could only hope that I could get a job as great as my Aunt Patty's in the future. Maybe I would be accepted as an advisor for royalty just like she was...I could only hope...

"Lana, I need you to get out of that dream world of yours and pay attention. This is important." I heard Aunt Patty say to me, amused. She had been explaining to me what I would be faced with once there. I snapped to attention, giving her a false salute.

"Oui mon capitaine!" She laughed at my attempt to break the tension in the car.

"Queen Cassandra is a nice person in general, but don't make an idiot of yourself. The second she feels you're a liability, it won't matter that you're my niece." Her expression became serious.

"I'll just have to make sure I'm on her good side then." I said with a slight frown. From everything I'd read up on Queen Cassandra, she seemed like a wonderful person. She was beautiful, sweet, a philanthropist. She had three wonderful children, two sons and a daughter. Her husband, King Henry, was relatively friendly. However, he was pretty somber from what I'd seen. How the two matched up escaped me, but who really knew them, right? After all, that was what people like my aunt did. Made them seem amazing in the public eye, despite what they were really like. She could be a terrible witch for all I knew.