Politically Incorrect - Chapter 27

See? Nice quick update for everyone! Enjoy!

At the side is a SLIDESHOW of some pics for this chapter.

And thanks to everyone that voted/commented/fanned/was awesome you know: 

EricaStanciu sfortier cjones96 gymbabie017 xhoboXloverx Alyona nuzzie-wuzzie books_for_life Jillmandaable AmberCraven futbruin and rockyv (who always leaves the most awesome comments btw)

Okay, without further ado: chapter 27 :)

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 27

The next week passed and we didn’t really see Anise or Hewitt. Greg came over daily (to see Christine, I’m sure). Finally, at the end of the week, Anise came to the door and asked for me. I was a little afraid at first to go meet her down in the parlor, but I summed up my strength and walked in, looking curious.

“Hey,” I started awkwardly and she patted the chair next to her. I cleared my throat and joined her, leaving a little space between us.

“So, I understand that you’re with Ian now.” Anise said calmly and I nodded.

“I know about what happened between you two when you were younger. I’m really sorry about all of that. It must have been quite an ordeal, and I know my words aren’t much. But I really am sorry that you had to go through that.” She nodded, giving me a small smile not looking away from her hands.

“I’m very jealous of you, Lana.” She said and I didn’t answer. “You and Ian have a real love story going for you. I can see it. You’re perfect for each other. He’s crazy, insecure, funny and out there, and you’re grounded, sweet, and understanding. I couldn’t have been that for him. I’m too much like him.” Anise laughed. She was still looking down at her palms. “I don’t want you to think I’m upset with either you or Ian. I just thought that maybe Ian and I could pick up where we left off, but I see that’s not possible now. Mostly because we’re not those same people anymore. We’ve changed too much. You say you’re sorry about what happened all those years ago, but I’m not sorry. Yes, it was sad and a terrible thing to go through. But I know it had to happen. Ian and I wouldn’t have worked together. You and Ian, that…” she stopped. “You both were meant for each other.” She started to cry and I was in shock and quickly held her against me in a hug.

“Anise, please don’t cry.” I begged nervously. If she started, I wasn’t going to be far behind. My emotions were always at the brim ready to wash over.

“I’m sorry, I just…I just know now that everything’s changing. I feel alone.” I stopped myself from laughing at that statement. I wondered if she didn’t know how many guys were probably in love with her.

“You won’t be alone, of that I can assure you.”

“Hm? Oh, I know that Lana.” She said flippantly. I was taken aback. I wish I was that confident…

“Okay, never mind.” I said, flustered.

“No, don’t take that the wrong way. I mean, I…Chad spoke with me after everything. He didn’t say anything directly, but I think I have an idea of how he feels. I’m not saying I’m in love with him, but he’s sweet and I’ve known him forever. Plus he’s downright sexy,” she laughed and I joined her. “We’re going to give it a try and see where it goes. That’s as far as I’m letting myself go right now. He knows I’m not ready to jump into anything serious and he feels the same way.”