Politically Incorrect - Chapter 8

Hey everyone, I've been trying to write as fast as possible and it's really really hard!!! Without further ado, chapter 8! Please vote and comment :)

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

We were back in the castle and Chad decided to walk me all the way to my bedroom door. “Odd way to end the night.” I giggled. It was weird that his room was only a hallway away from mine. I felt his arm wrap around my waist and turn me to face him. I blushed and he tilted my face up to his.

“I think it’s a perfect way to end the night.” It was difficult to look away from intense gaze.

“I really enjoyed tonight. You lived up to the best date ever.” I mumbled, embarrassed and he chuckled.

“I’m glad you had fun. I hope you’ll rethink your only one date rule you gave me.” I laughed and nodded.

“Yes, I think you’ve earned yourself another.” Chad leaned closer and pressed his lips to mine. I was pushed against the door and I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I pulled back a little and smiled up at him. “Goodnight Chad.” I opened my door and moved into my room while he merely chuckled.

“Goodnight Lana.” He replied, turning to walk down the hall. I touched my lips and smiled, closing my door behind me.

It was insane to think that I had just gone out with Chad. The date really had been perfect. Chad and I connected well enough, and everything had been so wonderful. The dinner and dessert still had my stomach full. The concert had been a dream come true. We had even been able to meet with Joshua Bell afterwards and I had actually spoken to him. I shook my head at the memory of my stammering and embarrassing talk with him. Chad had found it all most amusing and didn’t hold back on the teasing on the way home.

I looked over at the clock and frowned. It was already after two in the morning. I had to wake up in four hours. My Aunt Patty had me going to a breakfast to meet some members of Parliament. I trudged over to my desk and opened my planner, hoping that I could at least go to sleep afterwards. No such luck. The Prime Minister’s meeting with the sovereign was to take place around noon, and then there was a small party Christine told me she was supposed to make an appearance at because it was hosted by Lady Fiore. I didn’t even want to get into that this late. Or early…ugh.

I changed into my nightshirt and fell onto my bed, groaning. I was not looking forward to tomorrow at all.

I heard my alarm buzzing at six AM sharp. I smacked it until it shut up and literally rolled out of bed onto the floor. I somehow pulled myself into the shower and tried to wake myself up. I wrapped my wet hair up into a tight bun and wiped the raccoon eyes off. After dressing into my gray skirt suit I looked at my reflection, cocking my head to the side. I suppose I looked presentable, but you could tell I was tired.

There was a knock on my door and I sighed, pulling my purse onto my shoulder I answered it, seeing my aunt on the other side. “Oh good, you’re ready.” She smiled and I let out a long breath. “What?” She asked, giving me a trying look.

“Nothing, just tired.” I sighed and she shrugged.

“Not my fault. I heard you went out with Chad last night. How did that go?” She pulled me out into the hall heading out to the car.

“It was actually, amazing.” I breathed.

“Then why do you not sound amazed?” She narrowed her eyes at me and I shrugged.