Politically Incorrect - Chapter 16

...otays. So I lied. I updated this faster than I thought, but the writing kinda flowed on this one. 

I dedicated this to Roisin, because she's amazing and gifted us with updates. Also just because she's one of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of conversing with :)

Enjoy! Please vote and comment all <3 

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16

When Ian walked back into the room with a glass of water, I wasn’t sure what was running through his mind. He just looked utterly confused. As he closed the door he met my gaze and cleared his throat. He came over and handed me the glass, sitting next to me and watching his feet.

“Ian,” I started, sitting up. “What exactly is this?”

“Water?” He said, confused. I couldn’t help it. I laughed.

“No! That’s not what I meant.” I giggled and he joined me.

“Oh, right.” He let out a sigh. “Right.”

“Ian,” I said again, but he interrupted me.

“Let’s not talk about this now. You need your rest, and I told one of the servants to bring you some medicine.”

“Fine. But promise me we’ll talk.” I said, giving him a serious look. He gave me a small smile and leaned forward, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

“Promise.” He whispered before leaving the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Two days later, it was the day of the benefit and I was still miserable and sick. Ian and I hadn’t had any alone time to actually speak. I had the sneaking suspicion he had done it on purpose. He always seemed to be in some kind of lesson, out with Amelia, or in some important meeting with his father. It didn’t really matter seeing as Aunt Patty and I were both just as busy making sure everything was in order for the benefit.

I was just getting out of the shower right before the benefit. When I came out I saw Aunt Patty waiting for me on my bed. I raised a brow, questioningly. She picked up a bottle in her hand which I recognized as prescription medicine. I let out a sigh of relief and quickly took a swig. “Oh…darling, I don’t think that’s how you take that…”

“I know, but I’m not concerned with dosage size at this very moment.” I took another swig and my aunt grabbed it from me.

“Stop that!” She laughed. “Okay, now finish getting ready. Christine is with her stylist right now and Ian is almost ready. Amelia is meeting us here soon.”

“I don’t care what she’s doing…” I grumbled under my breath but my aunt heard me.

“Lana…”

“Hey, I’m respectful, I keep tabs on her, and I do everything I’m supposed to do. I don’t have to like her.” I said with a shrug. It was okay to be honest with this with my aunt. She knew I wouldn’t let it jeopardize my job.

“She does act like she has a stick up her arse, doesn’t she?” Aunt Patty commented and I burst into laughter.

“Have I told you I love you lately, auntie?” I said, going over to my vanity to start on my makeup.

“What are you doing with your hair?” She asked me and I shrugged.

“I dunno. I usually have Christine, but she’s a bit busy at the moment.” I sniffled again, but was thankful that I could already feel relief of the pressure from the medicine.