Politically Incorrect - Chapter 6

Okay, sooo, i'm not amazingly happy with this chapter. That's only because its a little boring. Its more of a filler than anything else, but I HAD to introduce our new awesome character before things can get interesting again, okie day?

Next chapter will actually be a lot of fun, so just be patient while reading this one...thank yas!

________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6

I walked out from the kitchen after having a muffin and walked outside to the garden area. I saw Christine in the distance getting her archery lesson with her very sexy teacher. I didn’t notice I was staring until I heard an unfamiliar voice behind me.

“You shouldn’t be so obvious.” He chuckled and I spun around to see someone who made my jaw drop. He laughed at my reaction and I let out a breath. I knew that face, with his shaggy dirty-blonde hair and his light blue eyes. His smile was bright and I inhaled deeply before speaking.

“I thought you were going to be in Paris for the next month.” I commented, and he cocked an eyebrow, confused.

“Have we met before?” I shook my head.

“No, but I’m very good at my job. You’re Chad Clark?”

“Very good, what else can you tell me?” He prodded and I laughed.

“Twenty-four years old, partier, dating model Liana Fiello, supposedly spending time in France to spend time with Liana. I also know that you are a very close friend of Ian’s, and some kind of distant relative?”

“Distant enough to not be recognized.” He shrugged. “I guess you’ve done your research, and yes, I was supposed to be in Paris. I came back early though. Not many people know, but Liana dropped me for some actor she met. I didn’t feel like staying in Paris for much longer.” I started walking down the path and he walked with me.

“I’m very sorry. Are you all right?”

“Fine, actually. Happy to be home. I’m guessing you’re the Lana I’ve been reading so much about.”

“Reading?” I asked.

“I guess you haven’t read any tabloids this morning?” I inwardly groaned.

“Oh no. What was it about?” I asked, and he chuckled.

“Not anything juicy, don’t worry. Just some suspicions about bringing a very pretty and young advisor in to the castle with Prince Ian. Then they tried to dig a bit into your history, but all they seemed to find was that you graduated with honors and there’s no real dirt.” I smiled at that. My record was sparkling, there was nothing they could get on me.

“They shouldn’t find anything.” I muttered with a shrug. “But with you being back, I’m sure they’ll have a few stories in no time.” I said, flatly. Chad put his hand to his chest in mock hurt.

“You wound me! But yeah, I guess you’re right.” Chad laughed and I shook my head.

“It’s only a matter of time with you and Ian together again. I guess I have even more work than I thought I would.”

“Well, from what I’ve heard from Auntie Cass, you’re good at your job. I’m sure you can handle it.” Chad joked and I groaned.

“You’re going to put me through Hell, aren’t you?”

“Well, you’re cute. Maybe I’ll behave just for you.” He winked and I blushed looking away. “Listen, I was wondering…” He started and I held up my hand to stop him.