Politically Incorrect - Chapter 9

I promise this is the last update of this one until everything else has something updated, lol. This one is dedicated to HEATHER because she helped me write this chapter and Lady Fiore :D

I hope you guys like this one, PLEASE vote and comment. Just click the little orange box on the side <-------

Okay lovelies, ONWARD!

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 9

I had missed tea with the Prime Minister. This was all thanks to stupid Amelia Hardcastle and her stupid tea with stupid Ian. My Aunt Patty had told me about it afterwards and that the Prime Minister wouldn’t be able to schedule tea after the meeting again for a while. I was shaking in anger. I didn’t understand how they had expected me to be in two places at once, but all I knew was I had missed tea because I had been babysitting a twenty-three year old.

“You should calm down a little.” Christine said, looking worried as I paced across my room.

“It’s all his damn fault.” I seethed through my teeth. “I didn’t get to meet the Prime Minister. It’s all stupid Ian’s fault and his stupid girlfriend.” Christine looked genuinely frightened by my mood, but she continued to try anyway.

“Deep breaths, maybe? That usually helps me. Besides, the Prime Minister is here every week for that meeting. You’ll have plenty of chances.” She cooed and I shot her a dagger look. It wasn’t really about meeting the Prime Minister. It wasn’t even completely about Amelia and her incessant ability to irritate me. No, this was all about Ian. I wasn’t sure what exactly had me the most irritated. All I knew was he was confusing the hell out of me and I hadn’t even been here that long. “I have something to tell you.” Christine offered and I looked back at her.

“If it’s bad don’t even try that crap with me right now.” I snapped and she looked taken aback for a moment. “I’m sorry,” I sighed, and sat next to her putting my face in my hands.

“It’s okay.” I felt her hand on my back, rubbing soothing circles. “Well, the party at Lady Fiore’s…I wanted you to go with me.”

“I already knew that.” I groaned into my hands.

“Yes, there’s more. I wasn’t finished yet. She moved it to next week. Ian and Chad are also going with us.” I ran my hands through my hair and pulled out my bun letting out a sigh. “What’s really wrong, Lana?”

“I don’t know,” I said honestly. “I just feel drained for some reason.” I felt Christine pull me against her.

“You’re just overwhelmed I’m sure. It’ll get better.” She tried to comfort me and I did feel a little better.

The next day I kept my promise to little Alex. I woke up early and knocked on Alex’s door. “Hello?” came a little voice and I opened it up.

“Hey Alex, it’s me.” I said. I was still in my pajamas but so was Alex so I was sure it was okay. It was pretty early anyway. “Ready to play?”

Alex was sitting on his floor with a train set. I closed the door behind me and plopped down on the floor as well. “I love trains!” I exclaimed and he giggled.

“You’re too old to like trains.” He accused and I frowned.

“I’m not that old.” I laughed. We played with the trains for a while, and it was nice to not feel stressed about anything or worrying about appointments. I hadn’t noticed an hour had passed until the side door of the nursery opened and Regina walked in. She looked between the two of us with a smile. “How lovely. It’s nice to see Alex having someone to play with besides me.” She laughed and I joined in. “It’s actually nearly breakfast time though, so I need to be getting Alex ready.”