Politically Incorrect - Chapter 7

I dedicate this chapter to the very awesome Erica! She made my night when I was feeling absolutely horrible. She never fails to make me smile and it just an overall awesome person! I also highly recommend her stories everyone so please go and check them out :)

Enjoy the chapter...despite its shortness...next one shouldn't take too long

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 7

Chad was about to leave with Christine and I when Ian suddenly kidnapped him for some guy time. I was glad though. If I wanted to pick something out for our date tomorrow, I didn’t want him to be there for it.

“So, you’re going out with Chad tomorrow? That’s sweet. That bitch broke his heart from what I heard.” She seethed as we rifled through the clothes rack.

“That’s terrible!” I gasped. “He just told me she left him for some actor. I didn’t know he was in love with her or anything like that.” Ugh, just what I needed: some guy with bad relationship history and a broken heart. Those were always fun…

Nothing against Chad or anything, he seemed like he would be a great guy to date. But damaged goods were damaged goods. What if he was really sensitive about everything? What if he wanted to jump into things too quickly?

“Calm down, I can see it in your eyes. Stop freaking out.” Christine laughed.

“How can you just read me like that? I’m not that much of an open book.” I grumbled.

“Eh…” She said, matter-of-factly and I gave her a playful shove.

“So, what do you think I should wear then?” I asked her, looking through the dresses. “I’ve never really been good at this.”

“Oh, I love you. You’re like a doll I get to dress up!” She clapped her hands excitedly and I shook my head.

“Please don’t refer to me like that…it’s degrading.” I groaned.

“You know what I mean. I’ve always wanted a sister.” She smiled and I couldn’t help but smile with her. She started picking out random dresses and handing them to me. When I had a nice stack she guided me into the dressing room, and the makeover montage began…

She kept trying to put me in pink, which I kept arguing against. Pink just wasn’t my color, it suited her a lot better than me. Then, she brought me this beautiful silk navy blue dress. It had a sweetheart top and fell mid-thigh. I looked…hot. I left the fitting room and did a little spin for Christine who raised an eyebrow before a smile spread across her lips.

“Let’s not try on anymore. That’s the one.”

“I love it.” I couldn’t stop staring at my reflection. “Do you think Chad will like it?”

“If he doesn’t, I’m sure you’ll have tons of guys waiting in line…”

“Oh, what am I getting myself into?” I said, suddenly feeling very nervous. “I mean, I should be concentrating you guys, not on dating your relatives.” I pulled my glasses off and pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling the stress already. “I’m already in trouble for the whole drunk thing, I shouldn’t be doing this…” I felt Christine grab my shoulders and shake me.

“Calm down!” She laughed. “You’re freaking out for no reason! It’s just a date! You’re not getting married!” I let out a long breath and nodded.

“Thank you. You’re right, I’m overreacting. I just haven’t dated in a little while. I guess I’m nervous.” Christine rolled her eyes.

“Oh please. It’s Chad. You won’t have any problems there. He’s the most laid back guy I’ve ever met.” I nodded and looked back at the mirror, still nodding. I could do this.