Politically Incorrect - Epilogue

Read the note at the end please. It's important about the SEQUEL

So, i can't believe we're finally here, at the end of PI. It makes me really sad, and then also really excited that I've actually finished a story! Finally, right? lol. 

Don't forget to go like me on my FB page (open external link) and enjoy the epilogue, which is more or less an intro INTO the sequel >>>

______________________________________________________________________________

Epilogue

I was sitting on the terrace, back in the city at the palace. I was, once again, admiring my engagement ring. Not because it was expensive, or beautiful, or sparkling (even though it was all of those things) but because it meant that I was going to be marrying the one man I was really in love with.

It had been about a month since I was released from the hospital, but the scar was still there on my chest. Ian called it my “battle scar”, I just called it ugly. I had started lessons with Madame Debre, who was teaching me the proper ways of a princess. It wasn’t hard, seeing as I was schooled in acting correctly in public, but it was definitely different when you were the princess. It was even more stressful than my job had been. I figured these lessons would be something I wouldn’t look forward to.

Ian was already acting more and more like a polished prince, which I liked to take credit for. He stated it was “because I don’t want to look like an un-coordinated, unfit buffoon when compared to my beautiful, future wife.”

Christine had already started on the wedding planning, even though I had no idea what it was that I wanted. I already had three binders full of magazine cut-outs, made by my maid-of-honor. I had only made it halfway through the first one. I was afraid I wouldn’t catch up because I was certain she was already working on the fourth one…

I heard the door open behind me and looked to see Fiore and Christine with what I feared was another binder of wedding plans hidden behind their back. “What?” I asked, watching them both suspiciously.

“We have a surprise for you.” Christine said.

“Which is?”

“A surprise.” Fiore clarified and I gave them a flat look.

“No more binders! I can’t keep up!” I said, flabbergasted and they laughed.

“No, not another binder.” Christine assured me and I cocked an eyebrow.

“Then what, on earth, is hidden behind your back?”

“Present!” Fiore chirped, throwing a wrapped gift at me. I caught it and looked at them shocked.

“But-…why?” I asked and a throat cleared. I looked over at the door again and saw Cassie and Henry standing there with a smile. I stood instantly and cocked my head to the side. “What’s going on?” I asked nervously.

“Well, we wanted to throw both you and Ian an engagement party, formally. Since the interview is coming up, we wanted to have a nice celebration for everything. You being on your feet again and of course, the engagement.” Cassie explained.

“So this is…?” I held up the present.

“Engagement present from the family. Open it.” Fiore demanded and I laughed.

“Okay, okay.” I tore the paper and opened the box, letting out a giggle. Inside the box was just a key and I looked at it curiously. “What is-…no!” I said in disbelief.

“Well, we heard you liked the country estate so much that we bought both you and Ian a cozy little cottage not too far from the same town. Of course, you’re always welcome to the estate, but Patricia assured me you would want something more modest.” Cassie said and I lunged at her, pulling her into a tight hug.

“You’re the best family ever.” I let out a content sigh and looked to see Ian watching the scene with interest.

“We’re not even married yet, and you buy us a house?” Ian asked, coming over and putting an arm around my waist.

“Well, you two aren’t really going to move into it together until after the wedding.” Henry made clear and Ian rolled his eyes.

“Oh please father. Do you think we’re still in the dark ages? We’re allowed to live together before marrying. Besides, we’re engaged and we’ve lived together already.” Ian grunted.

“It’s more for the press than anything, Ian.” Henry stated, gruffly. “Just trust us. Stay here until things seem safer also. Logan might be behind bars, but we don’t want to take any chances. It’s better if you’re in the city, protected until everything is sorted out. Lana’s only just started her recovery. Let’s not push our luck.”

“So Lana, have you gotten any further into the wedding planning?” Cassie changed the subject, pulling me back to sit with her at the table.

“Oh, um…not really. I’m usually the one taking the orders for the planning, not making them. It’s a lot to consider.” I mumbled, nervously.

“Have you thought about what you want to do? If you want to keep working, or what?” Fiore asked and I groaned.

“Um, I do still technically work here as Ian, Christine, and Alex’s political advisor. After the marriage though, I’m not really sure what I’ll be doing at all.” I answered. I hadn’t really considered that. Would I need to work? Should I look into other employment? I mean, would it really work if I continued working as my husband’s advisor?

“Of course you’ll still be working here. There’s no way we’re getting another advisor.” Cassie said, waving away the subject. “That’s not even a viable question. She’s not working for anyone else, that’s for sure.” I guess I didn’t really have any choice in the matter…

I went up to my room in the palace afterward to get some rest. My pain medication tended to make me drowsy. I looked around for a moment, recalling memories and letting out a small sigh. I heard a small knock from behind me, and turned to see Ian leaning on the doorjamb casually. He was watching me with a worried look in his eyes.

“Are you all right?” He walked up to me and took my hands in his. “Do you want to sit down?”

“I’m better than all right. I promise. Just remembering some things.” I said, looking around again and he smiled, putting his arms around me from behind.

“Good things?” He asked and I nodded.

“I remember the first time I had dinner with you and your family. You were angry that your parents had basically hired you a babysitter.” I teased and he kissed my cheek.

“I’m very happy about that now. You were a really hot babysitter.” He answered. I laughed and turned to face him.

“I don’t think you understand just how happy you’ve made me, Ian.” I said, feeling my heart swell just thinking of what my life had unfolded into.

“Ditto,” He replied kissing my nose gently. “But, don’t get so settled. We have a lot more ahead of us.”

I smiled tenderly and glanced up at him, a determined expression on my face. “Let’s get to it then.”

___________________________________________________________

Okay guys, that's THE END of Politically Incorrect. The next book will be titled Socially Inept and will be posted in November when I already have a few chapters of it written :) It will not only be following Ian and Lana, but we'll also go into Christine and Greg's POVs as well, so it will be a little different in form, okie dokes? Look out for familiar faces like Fiore, Chad, Anise, and Hewitt! 

Please vote and comment everyone, show PI your love and support!!! <3