Politically Incorrect - Chapter 20

Yeah, I updated pretty fast. I know. Even I'm proud. Though, as I reach this chapter and see things starting to resolve it makes me a little sad to think that this is going to end and I'll have to stop writing about my dear Lana and Ian :/

This one's dedicated to caskettgal, because she votes on almost every chapter and has sent many words of encouragement :) 

On a different note, I was comparing the weather of what I’m used to here in Florida and what Lana would be dealing with at this time of year, which is almost what time period we’re looking at for her (technically we’re in July now in the story). I was quite upset.

Here’s my forecast for the next two days: Right now, fair skies, 85 degrees, feels like 92 with humidity. Tonight Isolated Thunderstorms, and tomorrow cloudy skies with a high of 89 degrees. (we also have a tropical storm just churning right off our shore…)

Here’s the forecast I looked up for London: Right now, light rain 57 degrees, tonight, more rain, tomorrow, even more rain, at 70 degrees.

...i’m obviously not making it rain enough in this story. SO I SHALL CHANGE THAT! I guess I’m just too used to the sunny weather…even though I suppose we've been getting our share of rain here too :/ 

Also, the video I posted: I'm going to post a different song each time from Ouran HSHC for each chapter, because i listen to them when I write, and I like sharing them :) besides, they just seem to fit :D

Anyway ON WITH THE STORY! 

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

I woke up in my own bed, not of my own doing. I suppose Ian had taken me back after I’d fallen asleep. There was a light knocking on my door, the reason for my sudden wake up. “Come in…” I grumbled, groggily.

“Hey,” Aunt Patty said, walking in. “Your message sounded strained, what’s wrong?” I let out a sigh and patted the bed next to me for her to sit.  

“Do you remember Logan?” I asked. She nodded.

“Of course. The bastard. Continue.” It didn’t take too long to explain everything to her, though I did leave the part out about Ian and me. I only told her that he was blackmailing me. She didn’t ask for me to explain any further on that part. I was way too worried about what she would think about that to tell her, at least not yet. “So, you’re stuck in a bind then. He’s the worst kind of journalist, the kind you dated.”

“You’re telling me…”

“Anyway, the blackmail…is it really that bad? Is there any way around it?” I shook my head.

“Not really, I mean, it’s not something we can just ignore if it gets out. It wouldn’t be easy to twist a different story out of it either.” Aunt Patty gave me a flat look and I groaned. “I know, I know. I dug myself into this hole and I feel awful asking for your help to dig me out.”

“Well, if there’s no way around the blackmail Lana, we either deal with it being released or you accept whatever deal he’s made you.” I returned her flat look.

“Really? That’s your advice?”

“Unless you’re willing to divulge what the blackmail is, I can’t help you any further.” She breathed and I rolled my eyes.

“You just want to know, nosy.”

“Yes. Now tell Auntie.”

I pursed my lips and cleared my throat nervously. “You have to promise not to overreact.”