Politically Incorrect - Chapter 22

Don't kill me after reading this. That's my only comment. 

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

I smoothed my skirt and jacket before looking back to the car. It had taken some persuading on Ian’s part, but I had ended up letting him drop me. He put down the window and gave me a serious expression. “I’ll pick you up in this exact spot, Lana.” His voice was still stuffy as his cold was at its worst. He sneezed into a tissue and I gave him a soft look.

“Bless you. And, Eleven o’clock.” I assured him with a nod, before giving him a short wave and heading into the café. I spotted Logan instantly and he smiled over at me which I didn’t return. “So what’s on the agenda for tonight?” I asked, flatly.

“Oh, come now love. Let’s act at least a little excited.” He smiled and gestured for me to sit.

“I still don’t understand why you’re having me do this.” I grumbled and his only response was an eerie smile. The waitress came over with a bright smile and greeted us.

“Hello, I’m Lacey. How are you both tonight? What can I get you to drink?” She asked and I smiled at the fact that she didn’t see the need to let us answer how we were doing.

“Just black coffee for me. She’ll have a cappuccino with a shot of espresso and whipped cream.” Logan answered and Lacey smiled as she wrote it down.

“I’ll be back right away with those.” She left and I cocked an eyebrow at Logan.

“What?” he asked.

“You didn’t have to do that. It’s not like you’re going to win any brownie points with me by remembering my coffee order.”

“I think you were just a little impressed by it.” He said smoothly and I rolled my eyes, staring down and running my fingers on the imperfections in the table.

“Excuse me.” I said, going to the bathroom. After washing my hands, I stared at my reflection for a moment. I could see the nervousness in my eyes. Why was I nervous? I hated this guy, didn’t I? I headed back out to Logan. Our coffee was already set on the table and Logan was gazing out the window. Lacey saw me sitting back down and headed back to our table.

“Is there anything else you would like?” Lacey asked and I looked up and smiled.

“Can I have two slices of apple pie?” I asked, without glancing at Logan.

“Absolutely.”

“With whipped cream and vanilla ice cream on the side please.” I added, with a big smile. The waitress returned it and nodded, jotting it down.

“Anything for you sir?”

“No, I think she’s eating enough for both of us.” He commented and I felt my smile fade and Lacey’s face betrayed her shock before she nodded and left without another word.

“So, you’re still an asshole.” I said nonchalantly and he chuckled.

“And you’re still a smart mouth.” He returned. “Still a firecracker. I missed you, you know.”

“Then you’re an idiot for breaking up with me.” I snapped and sipped my cappuccino.

“You were going to break up with me anyway. I just sped up the process.”

“Don’t blame this on me. You were a controlling ass. No one would blame me for not wanting to stay with you.” I hissed and he cleared his throat as my pie was set on the table.