Politically Incorrect - Chapter 11

Updated quickly for you all :) Enjoy 

_____________________________________________

Chapter 11

“You didn’t hear that Fiore…” Ian growled, glaring back at me. Fiore scooted closer with a smile.

“Do I get my dress back?” She asked menacingly, an evil glint in her eyes. I looked between the two nervously. Ian’s eyes didn’t leave mine as he answered her.

“You’re never going to learn your lesson.”

“Nope. Do I get my dress back?” She repeated, her tone firm.

“Fine.” He grumbled and Fiore clapped happily.

“Yay! No arson! Her house doesn’t have to burn!” She smiled and left the two of us in an awkward silence. Ian stood and we heard a “Good luck!” from Fiore, who seemed to be skipping back to the house as she added in a suggestive howl.

“So, I guess you remembered?” He started, and I nodded. My anger started to simmer again. It might only have been because I was letting my earlier upset fuel it.

“Yes, I remembered.” I snapped back. “You didn’t even feel it was necessary to let me know about it?”

“You didn’t have to go yelling about it! I thought if you didn’t remember, then it wasn’t that important.” He bit back.

“I was DRUNK!” I yelled. “You should have told me!”

“What a great political advisor you are! Drunk on the job!”

“That’s a low blow.” I retorted.

“It doesn’t really matter anyway, now does it? It’s not like it meant anything!” Ian snapped at me, and I felt my voice catch in my throat. I opened my mouth, but I was in shock from what he had said. It hurt more than I imagined it would. His face suddenly calmed and he looked ready to apologize but I held up my hand to stop him.

“You’re right. It meant nothing.” I growled before turning and walking away. I went back inside and saw Christine. I tried my best to blink back my tears as she walked over. “Can we go home?” I asked her, my voice breaking. She nodded, not asking me what was wrong. I guess she could tell I didn’t want her to.

“Leaving so soon?” I heard Chad from beside me.

“Yeah, Lana’s not feeling well.” Christine explained and Chad grasped my chin turning my face toward his. He looked at me closely, his eyes worried.

“You look pale, and your eyes are red. Have you been…crying?” He asked.

“No, not crying.” I lied. “Just not feeling great. Is it all right if we go?” I tried to pull my gaze from him, but he narrowed his eyes.

“Okay,” Chad replied, but I could tell he didn’t believe me.

The drive home was quiet and I fell asleep. I woke up as Chad was carrying me upstairs. My eyes fluttered open to see his solemn expression as he walked down the hall. He glanced down to see me watching him, but he didn’t smile. “Did you know you talk in your sleep?” He asked me and I merely continued to watch him. I couldn’t imagine what I could’ve said. “You mumble mostly, of course…” He explained, pushing open my bedroom door and shutting it behind him. “But then, some things manage to come through.” He lay me down on my bed and sat beside me, looking at the wall. The silence was thick, and stretched on for what felt like an hour.

“What did I say?” I finally asked.

“You called out for Ian.” He choked out, before looking back to me. “Is there something you’re not telling me?”