Eighteen

Teary eyed, Minji smiled at the mirror, and the girl at the reflection seemed to smile back, her glassy eyes staring right at her. She can't believe it, she has returned. Her body's normal again.

Feeling happy like she'd never been this happy before, she ran outside her room to tell the good news to her parents, too excited to even notice that her room has changed a little bit. She carefully walked down the stairs, afraid that she might trip, that always happened.

"Mother!" The first tear escaped as she hugged her mother.

"Hey, what are you excited for?" She asked but hugged her too; Minji asked herself why is her mother not even surprised to see her.

"I'm sorry I made you guys worry, but I'm back now." Minji hugged her tighter, it feels good that she can hug her like this again.

"Why? Did you sneak out again last night?" Her father suddenly butted in and Minji walked with big steps so she can hug him too.

"Are you playing a prank on me? I'm ba—" Minji can't believe her eyes, it was still her parents she knows that, but they look a lot older. She's always in the house every weekend right? Surely she would notice them changing, but why did they grow this old?

She took a step back, and her father touched her shoulder to check if she's okay. He's worried because her eyes suddenly became distant.

"Honey, are you okay?"

"Can I ask what year is it?"

"What do you mean? It's 2034." Her father looked at her weirdly before sitting in front of the table.

"No." Minji whispered so quietly that her parents didn't hear her. What does her father mean 2034? If it's 2034, she should be old too right? But why is she young? Like she's 22 years old again. That's impossible, but it is possible if she didn't come back to her old self after the show.

"Is something wrong?" Her mother asked, looking concerned.

"Nothing. I just missed you guys." She shook her head, so many thoughts has been running through her mind.

"Mother, what happened to Exo?" Minji asked when all of them are seating already. Minji noticed that there was alots of food on the table, her mother cooked like this before.

"Park Minji. Our best actress, hey now stop with that. You were just with Kyungsoo and Jongin a few days ago." Her mother chuckled as she put bacon and eggs on her husband's plate.

"I'm with them?" Minji pushed further, she really can't remember anything. She's still in contact with them? Where are the others?

"Yeah, you're always with them."

"Where are the others? What happened to Exo, Mother?" Minji asked again, and her mother sensed that something is wrong. She didn't know why Minji is acting this way.

"There's no longer Exo, Minji." Her mother tries to act nonchalantly, she remembered how Minji was so disappointed when she didn't return to her old body, she became depressed but she acted like she was alright in front of his Oppas. Minji said she really was happy when she's with Exo, they made her happy. Exo was the only thing that made her happy.

Minji's only source of happiness, suddenly became the reason why she was hurt. Not physically though, when she turned five one of the members decided to leave the group. Then another, and another. Minji watched them leave, pretending to be oblivious with what's happening, because in the eyes of many, she is just a kid. She forced a smile to cheer up the other members, but she too was deeply hurt and there's no one was there to console her, because in the eyes of many, she was just a kid. They thought she couldn't understand what was happening. Though they're almost right, she knows what's happening, but she didn't know why it was happening.