Call Me Baby: Chapter 16

"Woah evrytime i see you~" Baekhyun sang while walking through the hallway, the tip of his finger grazing the wall. All the boys were in the playroom, still busy trying all the games that they could play with. He didn't know if the others noticed it, but Minji never went inside the playroom. He's guessing three possible reasons on why she never entered that paradise; one, she's not interested with "toys", two, playing with them means punishments for every time that she loses (and you see, they never let her win), and three, she gave it as a space only for the twelve of them.

Any of that, he's on his way to accompany her with anything that she's doing right now. He knows Minji likes a space of her own, a space where she can't hear any noise or see any people. (He is both that) That's why, he promises not to be a nuisance to her!

He cleared his throat first before singing her name when he stopped by her door-- wait what is he doing?! He just told himself he will not be a nuisance but why is he being annoying already?!

"Come in!" He heard her say at the other side of the door. He starts clapping like in the beginning of Overdose when he opened the door. The freaking goat just forgot his promise again.

"H-hey, why are you crying?" He quickly went to the side of her bed, his face all serious when he saw her wiping her eyes with a tissue.

"It's nothing." She said, giving him a smile but Baekhyun isn't getting any of that.

"If you have a problem, you know you can talk to me, right?" He took her hand that was still wiping her tear-stained eyes. Minji scooted to the side to give him space to sit on.

"Really Baek, it's not something for you to worry about." She sighed exasperatedly when Baekhyun pressed her hand on the side of his face while looking at her with his puppy eyes. How dare he make her internal organs do some somersaults?!

"Tss, if it's not something to worry about then you won't even cry in the first place." Well, he has a point. Right to the g-spot. Joke.

"You won't understand me."

"Still, let it all out. I'll be here, listening." She sighed again; she knows he's just being kind but really. The reason why she cried is far from what Baekhyun is thinking.

"It's okay, I won't judge you." Baekhyun assured when Minji looks like she's still contemplating on whether she should tell him or not.

"Lazark died."

"Excuse me?"

"The traitors killed him. Those filthy traitors! I hate character deaths ugh, but when Lazark was put into eternal sleep... it was just so beautiful and sad, I cried. I told you, you won't understand me." Minji chuckled upon seeing Baekhyun's dumb-founded expression.

"You cried because of that?" He asked just to be sure, Minji nodded sheepishly while showing him something on her phone.

"Oh damn, it does look sad." Baekhyun nodded in agreement, in her phone screen he saw a guy, his back was facing and he's kneeling on the ground. The guy was slowly turning into-- was it blood?-- before slowly disappearing into thin air.

"I'm weird, aren't I? Crying over fictional characters. Hates angst but still reads because I'm a damn masochist. Pitying over horses tripping on the battle field, like why don't they just leave those horses alone?!" Baekhyun chuckled when she started blabbering about her frustrations.

"You're not weird. You are fond of those characters, you cherish everything as if they're real. Of course you'll get sad when something bad happens to them." Minji peered at Baekhyun. This. Fucking. Singing. Hot. Slug.