0.05🦋

𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐞l𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬📍Atlanta, GA11:00 AM

📍Atlanta, GA
11:00 AM

"Okay.. so your grandmother didn't inform us of you being hearing impaired.. because?" Principal Johnson asked Journey, as she typed away on her computer.

"She's been under a lot of stress with the move that it didn't cross her mind until recently." Journey lied to her. She knew if she told her that Sheryl didn't believe she was deaf then that would open up a whole other book of questions that she wasn't prepared for.

"Hm, okay." Principal Johnson hummed as she continued to type. "May I ask why you don't have a hearing aid? Is it at home?"

"I left it in my grandmas car that got towed a couple months back." The lie rolled off her tougue so easily. It was a shame at how she was use to lying for her family.

"Okay.. well we have classes here specifically for the hearing impaired. These classes contain regular learning periods including classes that teaches ASL. Does that sound good?" Principal Johnson made sure to speak facing her, which journey appreciated.

"Yes Ma'am." Journey nodded, feeling grateful that this school was able to provide what she needed.

"Alrighty then.." She trailed off as the door to her office opened and in came a brownskin boy and what looked to be a teacher.

"I can't deal with his attitude today. He got upset with some guys in the classroom earlier and hasn't calmed down since." The teacher explained to the principal who didn't look shocked. "So he will be removed from my class today."

"Thank you Dr. Stevens." Mrs Johnson said as the teacher left, shutting the door behind him. "Take a seat Mr. Hill. Tell me what happened."

Journey looked at the boy as he took a seat next to her, his hoodie on his head as he leaned back, staring blankly at the principal.

"I'a kill those niggas." He bluntly said, but Mrs. Johnson facial expression never changed like she was used to this.

"Okay.. and what did they do to have you feeling that way?" She asked him and he just stared at her. "You gotta cooperate with me, Nasir."

"Them niggas stay eating my dick. Every time they see me they always wanna say some homophobic shit." Nasir expressed, getting angry all over again. "On god when I see him I'm sticking his shit."

"By him you mean.. Mr. Howard, right?" Mrs, Johnson asked as she began typing again, causing Nasir to nod. "Hm. Good to know."

There was a moment of silence as the boy looked at Journey, finally realizing she was in the room.