Chapter 5

Black Coffee - Chapter 5

"W-What?" Ben stuttered, sitting wide eyed at Louis.

Louis took a deep breath before continuing slowly, "Your name is Harry Styles. You were born in Holmes Chapel, your mom's name is Anne Cox, your-"

"Whoa whoa, stop, just stop." Ben said suddenly angry. Looking at Louis, as if he couldn't believe that the older boy had the nerve to say that to his face.

Louis sighed, close to tears. He was tired. He was frustrated. He wanted for Harry to understand who he was, and let things to back to normal. That's all he wanted. "Listen, please let me explain-"

"No!" Ben said his eyebrows furrowed in a mix of confusion and anger. "I don't want to hear anything you have to say!" Ben slammed his glass onto the coffee table and abruptly stood. He wouldn't look at Louis directly, his angry clearly rippling through his body. Louis could tell that he was hesitating on whether or not to leave. He couldn't really leave, since his car was still at the cafe.

"Please, Harry- Ben! Listen!" Louis said desperately. this was it. he had to lay it all on the table. Ben didn't make a move to leave, so he continued, "I have been waiting to tell you for a year! Please at least hear me out." He voice cracked, making him aware to the fact that tears were streaming down his face.

"You are a liar." Ben said, his voice strained as if he didn't want to say the words. "Please take me back to the cafe."

"Please-" he begged, his voice cracking, unable to finish the plead.

"Take me back. Now." He said again, no longer looking at Louis at all.

Louis' heart dropped in complete disappointment. Was this what he had been waiting for? For him to refuse to listen? What else could Louis say to make him change his mind?

He nodded slowly, grabbing his keys from the table and setting down his beer. Ben took no time to make his way to the front door, and swinging it open.

Louis followed the familiar lad to the car, his body numb. He couldn't just reject knowing about his past, right?

The car turned on after they both silently slipped into the vehicle. The sound of Little Things hung in the quiet air. Louis didn't know whether to be thankful or mortified that they happened to play One Direction songs on the radio at the right times.

Zayn and Liam were singing the first chorus as Louis backed out and onto the road. Ben looked straight out the side window, making the ride increasingly awkward and tense.

Louis' voice sounded softly, the memories of this song pained Louis, but he pointed to the radio and if to prove a point. "That's me." Was all he could say. Ben, confused, turned to Louis to gaze at him as of he were a crazy person.

"We were in One Direction together. You're Harry. I'm Louis." He tried desperately again, this time, Ben's emotionless eyes were trained on the side of his face Ashe drove down the wet and slippery road.

"This is you..." He managed to get out as Harry's deep voice rang through the tense air. Ben's face instantly turned to the radio, his same emotionless express remained.

For the rest of the song, it was silent. Ben intently listened to the song, his face blank. Louis was shaking. This might be the last time he ever talked to the man he fell in love with, and it was going to end in an argument. The same this that led them to this situation in the first place.

The pulled into the parking lot right as the five of them began to harmonize together. Realizing where they were, Ben tore off his seatbelt, and opened the door as soon as the car stopped and the song ended.

"I was your best friend! Please remember me." Louis didn't know what to do. He couldn't have the same ending as last time. He barley survived the first time, and he knew he couldn't handle another round.

Ben paused, just long enough for the radio host to start speaking, halting him in his tracks, "That was Little Things, by boyband, One Direction. Niall and Liam will be on in a couple hours to talk about Zayn's dramatic lifestyle change, and Harry and Louis' disappearance. But for now, here's Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love-"

The door slammed shut as Louis watched Ben run his hands through his mop of wet curly hair. He tugged at the roots as he kicked the wheel to his beat up car, obviously uncaring to what the older lad witnessed.

Finally, he managed to turned around back into the main roads, leaving his love for the first time. Was it betrayal to give up this easily? Or was it time to move on? What if Harry will remember later on?Or what if he never remembers?

Louis pulled over halfway through the song, a sob escaping. He broke down, sobbing uncontrollably into his wheel, the song perfectly fitting his mood and situation. He couldn't give up onHarry, but what else could he do?

He opened his car door, without bothering to turn off the engine, and went to his trunk to pull out a ice chest full of beer, unwilling to wait until he got back to his cabin. He pulled one out and popped the lid off with his thumb, cutting deeply into the skin. He didn't take any notice as he chugged it, ignoring the rain that fell on his face while he tilted his head back.

Once the bottle was emptied, he chucked it at a nearby tree, blinded by tears and pain, causing it to shatter in ever direction. He let out a sob, but it was more like a scream, as the rain drained out his cry for help while he stood alone on the side of the street.

"Give a little time to me, burn this out. We'll play hide and seek just to turn this around. All I want, is the taste that your lips allow. My my, my my, give me love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, Liam! Niall! How are you boys doing?" The interviewer, Alex, asked as Taylor Swift's new breakup single died down.

"Good!" Liam smiled even though no one could see.

"So I have a few questions for you boys, so i'll get right to it. The first being, where's Zayn?" He paused. "Rumors say he moved to America?"

"Since the band had a falling out, Zayn moved to New York City for privacy issues. So, please give him his privacy if you do happen to see him." Liam said, adding that last bit for the intended audience.

Alex nodded. "So last year the band had a falling out. What happened? Rumors say it was Harry who left and Louis who had the breakdown?"

"No." Niall said, the bags under his eyes were dark. "Harry lost his memory. Louis has been trying to help him." It was hard to miss the hard tone in his voice.

"What a pair of devoted friends." Alex cooed, attempting to relieve the tension in the air. Niall and Liam exchanged a glance, knowing that after the accident, Louis made it clear he felt more deeply for the curly haired lad.

"So is there anything to look forward to in the future? Are the pair of you going to record together as One Direction?" Alex looked almost scared to ask the question, biting his lip as he awaited the answer.

Liam shook his head, a confused look planted on his face, "We aren't One Direction without the other three boys."

"At this point," Niall said sitting up a bit, rubbing his hands over his eyes, "One Direction won't be getting back together."

-----------

Vote, comment, fan :)