Chapter 10

*FINALLY*

Okay firstly, I dedicated this chapter to Zaynsprincess1D because she made me the awesome new cover!! So thank you bby!! How do you like the new cover??

Secondly, Black Coffee is now well over 1,200 reads!! That's awesome! Thanks for reading!! ;)

And lastly, PLEASE comment and vote! Your feedback gives me motivation to keep writing! So keep doing what you do best and read on! ;)

-------*****-------

Chapter 10

323.

Louis had 323 checks from the damned cafe. 323 orders of black coffee. 323 times he held Harry's writing in his hand. 323 times he felt as close to his Harry as he could get.

He flipped through the checks, remember how he would stare at the same words each and every night, and cry. He would cry because this was as close to Harry as he could get. Sure, he saw Ben everyday, but it wasn't as intimate as holding something that Harry held. It wasn't as intimate because each check has his unique, slanted lettered writing, which was something Louis truly loved about his Harry.

Louis felt like a fool keeping all of these checks every night, but he couldn't help but feel like it was his job to keep them. To keep Harry safe.

He wiped a single stray tear as he remembered all of the more painful nights. The nights were he ran around the cabin, throwing things as they shattered against the wall. His heart would feel completely shattered, and heavy. His voice would be hoarse from screaming, his eyes red and painful from crying...

He shook himself from his thoughts, and carefully setting the envelope of checks into his suitcase, unwilling to toss them all away.

"Need help, mate?" Liam's voice sounded through the empty room.

Louis turned his head slightly, letting Liam know that he heard him. "No, thank you. I'm almost done, anyways."

It was true. Louis didn't have many things in his room, other than clothes and blankets. Liam tapped the doorframe twice, as if telling Louis "alright, let me know if you need anything", before leaving down the hall.

He stuffed the rest of his clothes and his hygiene products into his two suitcases, and zipped them up. He sighed, slumping down on the bed, looking around at the room he called his own for a year.

He was going to miss it here. As many bad memories and pain it held, it was his home for so many months. It was going to be weird waking up in a different room. It was going to be weird waking up, knowing that Ben is near him, doing whatever it takes to remember.

-------------

"This too?" Niall asked Ben, holding up a shirt with a giant hole.

Ben thought for a moment, "Uh, yeah. Toss it." And Niall flung the ratted shirt into a crammed trash bin.

"Are you going to miss living here?" Niall asked, sitting on Ben's one stuffed suitcase, while Ben struggled to zip it.

"Nope." He said simply. Niall raised an eyebrow curiously before Ben continued, "I hate living here. I even hate this whole town." He sighed heavily as the zipper struggled to go all the way around. "The only thing I'll miss is that cafe; all the friends that I've made, work there."

Niall jumped off and tugged the heavy suitcase off the mattress, "Maybe we can stop by real quick before we leave?" He suggested, pulling the suitcase to the door.

Ben followed and bit his lip. He couldn't ask for so much, could he? These lads were already doing so much for him, it would be out of his place to ask or more. He wasn't greedy.