Chapter 7

A couple of things before we get started: First, thank you for reading this far!! Second, I've chosen theme songs for both Louis and Harry/Ben. (Not all that important, but I think it tells a lot about their character) so give them a listen and let me know what you think of them!!

Louis' song to Harry/Ben: Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran

Harry/Ben's song to Louis: Falling In Love at A Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg

Sorry for the input, but here's chapter 7!! :)

---------------

Chapter 7

"Louis..." Ben started, his hair dripping from the rain. He looked down at his soaking feet nervously, "I don't know why I came. But it's Christmas Eve and I uh," he glanced at Louis before looking back at the floor. "I didn't have anywhere else to go."

Louis bit his lip. Here was everything he wanted, right at his doorstep; literally. That face... There was nothing he could deny that face.

"Come in." He said quietly, opening the door a bit wider. Ben scurried in, his footsteps making puddles on the wood. Louis closed the door behind the lad, ruffling his hair to find conversation.

He noticed Ben shivering in his heavily soaked clothes, "Ben, let me get you some clothes to change into." Louis offered, already turning towards his room. It looked as though Ben wanted to protest, but he was too cold to deny warm clothes.

Louis went to his room, which was extremely messy, and rummaged through his drawers, to find a plain white T-shirt, and a pair of grey sweats. Louis handed the clothes to Ben, and ushered the younger lad to the bathroom, before he could protest.

"Louis." Ben stopped himself before the door was shut behind him. He turned to face Louis, giving him a serious look, "Thank you."

Louis couldn't look into the familiar green eyes, and instead looked at the floor, near Ben's feet. All Louis could do, was nod before shutting the door behind Ben.

He took a deep breath once the door was closed. Ben was here. He was changing in his bathroom. That means he must believe Louis in some form, right? This must be what he's spent a year waiting for.

He scurried to the kitchen, finally wide awake, and finished making his cup of tea. He took a sip, trying to play it cool, as if Ben being here wasn't what he's wanted for months.

Ben walked out of the bathroom, slowly and hesitantly. The white shirt clung to his lean and narrow torso, and he rolled up the sleeves, just like Harry used to. The grey sweats hung low on his waist, showing a thin line of skin and making Louis' mouth water. Ben looked at Louis as if he were something to solve, but afraid to solve it. All of that waiting for Ben to come out of the bathroom, and Louis didn't think of one thing to tell Ben, just to keep conversation.

He sipped his tea.

"What happened to them?" Ben asked quietly, his gaze dropping to the floor, looking at anything but Louis.

"What?" Louis questioned.

"The other three boys. What happened to them?" Ben seemed to be suddenly nervous and he shifted his weight onto his other foot.

Louis sighed and set down the cup on the kitchen counter. He slid onto the couch, pulling his knees to his chest. He felt his warm breath on his knees through his sweats, as Ben stayed, unmoving, and waiting for an answer.

"They're fine, I guess." Ben let out a breath he must have been holding. "After you lost your memory, I left and went to help you." Louis strained to find the right words. He didn't want to freak Ben out, and he didn't want to make it weird between them. "Zayn went to America for space, I guess. And Niall and Liam are somewhere in the world doing interviews and TV shows to answer the questions of why the rest of us are gone." Louis still felt guilty that the rest of the boys had to deal with his leaving.