Chapter 8

I do not own Attack on Titan or any of the characters mentioned.

(Levi P.O.V.)
I had to stay in class for my lecture so I was ten minutes late for lunch. Of course, I went to lunch in a bad mood. As much as I loved my Music Theory class I really hated my teacher. He was a jack ass and threw things at me when I screwed up. Sometimes I wondered if he hated me but I knew that wasn't true. He threw bigger things at the other students.

Anyways, I walked through the cafeteria doors and over to the fruit bar. I didn't eat meat. And I certainly didn't want to eat the stuff they call food here. I grabbed an apple before walking over to my table. Normally Erwin, Aruro, Hanji , and Petra sat with me but since a certain someone killed Petra there was now a vacant seat and a grim expression on everyone's face.

I took my normal spot beside Erwin and looked across the table where Petra would have sat. I swear to god that fucking brat is going to pay. I couldn't get his eyes out of my mind. I had to know them from somewhere. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Who do I know that has green eyes like a cat?

No one at the table talked. It just didn't feel right to talk when an important part of our group was missing. Since we weren't engaging in conversation I let my eyes roam the room. My eyes fell onto the Phoenix Agency's table. Armin, Jean, and two of their friends were the only ones sitting there. Where was Eren? Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen him today. Maybe he was absent.

As if to prove me wrong said teen walked in and god damn, he looked horrible. He probably felt like it too, considering he shed so many tears last night. I kept wondering why he was crying.

"The kid looks like shit." Aruro said from his seat. The others turned to him confused. "Eren."

We looked to the table to see Armin trying to talk to Eren, it looked like he was reaching up to see if he had a fever. But then the unexpected happened, Eren slapped his hand away.

"You guys don't think Eren found out if they were spy's." Hanji said quietly.

Erwin's reply was hesitant. "Maybe."

We fell back into our silence as we picked at our food. Nothing could fix the way we felt and the worst part was that clouds were starting to come in from the looks of outside. Could this day get any worse?

"EREN!" The cafeteria fell silent at the yell of Eren's name. Every head in the room turned to the teen who was unconscious on the ground. Armin was shaking him and yelling at someone to get a teacher. In all of the ruckus a few students rushed to gather around their table with worried expressions on their face.

"Levi."

I turned to Erwin who stood up. "Lets get out of here, the place is starting to get rowdy."

I nodded then looked back to the people gathering around the unconscious teen before turning on my heel and walking out of the room.

There were so many thoughts running through my head as I walked side by side with Erwin.

"What do you think happened?" He questioned.

"I don't know."

The kid had passed out. Was he sick? No, he wouldn't have been out last night if he was. Did he find out that Armin and Jean were spy's? He still looked a little clueless so I guess that was out of the question. What the hell was wrong with him then?

...Wait a minute. My thoughts turned back to last night. Back with the encounter of 212.

My eyebrows furrowed. I remembered those cat-like green orbs that stared down at me. Green eyes that looked so familiar, eyes that looked tired and pitiful.

I stopped in my tracks. Upon noticing that I was no longer walking beside him, Erwin turned towards me.

"What's wrong, Levi, you look like you've seen a ghost."

"That brat was under our noses this entire time." I said quietly.

"Levi, I can't hear you, say that again."

My head shot up in a glare the surprised Erwin.

"Eren fucking Jaeger, that sly manipulating little bastard, was the person who we've been tracking for a year and a half."

"Levi, your not suggesting-"

"I'm not suggesting anything, and to think that brat has been right under our noses this entire time."

Oh I was livid. Not only at Eren but at myself for being so ignorantly stupid. How could I have not known? It was so painfully obvious that I wanted to hit myself. I had to give the brat credit though, he could mess with your mind and make it seem as though he was just another ordinary person when in reality he was on the most wanted list in the Corps Agency.

"Are we going to make a mission to catch him tonight?" Erwin asked.

I shook my head. "Knowing Armin, he is going to give a mission to someone other than Eren, we'll wait a few days before doing anything. I don't want him killed, I want him to be brought in for questioning." I said then began to walk down the hall to my next class.

Things were about to get ugly and I had to advise a plan. Getting past Eren would be hard because he's swift and very fast. But I am faster and I vowed to catch him, even if it meant I would die, I would catch him.

It was a huge risk and it will probably be one of our biggest missions yet, so we had to be prepared. And training would be necessary for this mission.

I knew some would die and others would be injured but that is what we are here for, to fight and to earn our freedom.

Earn our freedom from the suffocating walls of this god forsaken city and to break free from the clutches of Mayor Ymir's Army. Everyone sees her as a good person, people of the Corps see her as a monster in disguise.

From recent info we have gathered that she wants to turn this city into a waste land. And as long as the Phoenix Agency is wrapped around her finger then she just might succeed in doing so. But the Corps won't allow any of it.

I won't allow any of it.