Chapter 12

I do not own Attack on Titan or any of the characters mentioned.

(Levi P.O.V.)
The wind was blowing in my face as I maneuvered through the air, I had to keep from hitting any buildings that came into my view. The extra weight I was carrying was making it difficult even though he was light. The brat had long since stopped struggling and was now very quiet. I swear if he fell asleep on my shoulder I was going to kill him.

We reached the headquarters and brought the three inside. Aruro stayed back to get rid of Marco's body. He wasn't so thrilled about touching blood but I sure as hell wasn't going to do it. Anyways, we carried them all to a room where a table was. I heaved Eren off my shoulder and into a chair. He was awake but looked a little green in the face. I guess he wasn't lying about throwing up. Armin sat beside him and Jean, who was still unconscious, was leaned against him.

Hanji, Erwin, and I took the seats across the table. Erwin pulled out three files and opened them.

"Armin Arlert, Agent 607, 18 years old, born in November on the 3rd of 1997. Strengths: intelligence, compromising, and hacking. Weaknesses: hand to hand combat, defense, and weaponry.
Parents/Guardians: Grandfather. Current Occupation: Spy and high school. Tendencies: Overthinking simple subjects." Erwin read from the first file.

He opened another one and read, "Jean Kirstein, Agent 496, 18 1/2 years old, born in April on the 7th of 1996. Strengths: bravery, agility, and archery. Weaknesses: stubborn, and knife fighting. Parents/Guardians: Mother and Father. Current Occupatin: Spy and high school. Tendencies: Always wanting to be right."

Erwin opened the final file and got out a pen. "Eren, I am going to have to ask you to answer these questions, if you don't there will be punishment, got it?"

The kid frowned then nodded. "Eren Jaeger, Agent 212, 18 years old, born in March on the 30th of 1997. Strengths: Determination, weaponry, agility, and flexibility. Weaknesses: Technology and math. Parents/Guardians: deceased. Current Occupation: Spy and high school. Tendancies: throwing the first fist." He answered.

I didn't think he'd give himself away so easily, he was probably afraid of the consequences that would come of disobeying Erwin.

"Alright, Now that that is done, I want to ask you guys a few questions." The tall blonde said.

"What if we don't answer?" Never mind, I guess he did still have some bite in him.

"Then you will be killed here and now." Erwin said and placed a pistol on the table.

Eren shut up immediately but he kept his defiant eyes trained on Erwin as if he were the bane of his existence. In this case, I guess he was.

"How long have you all been a part of The Phoenix Agency?" He asked.

Armin spoke. "Eren and I will be at two years in three months as for Jean he's been in for two years and five months."

"I see, who is your commanding agent?"

"That would be me, sir." The blonde coconut said.

"Do you follow Ymir with your entire heart?"

Eren growled. "Of course we do, unlike some." He said and crossed his arms.

I sighed. "I told you she is using you, you god forsaken brat."

"I take evidence over empty words."

I smirked. This kid really was 212. if he weren't he would have never said that. "Should we show them?" I asked.

"Of course." Erwin brought out a laptop from his brief case and opened it up. He went through file after file until he came to a video.

"This is a recording of your precious Mayor Ymir talking to her side partner Krista Reiss." Erwin turned the laptop around for them to see and pressed play.

"The Corps have become a lot more active lately, shouldn't we be worried?" Krista asked. She appeared to be looking out the window of, what I presumed, Mayor Ymir's office.

"No," Ymir replied in her alto raspy voice, "As long as the Phoenix Agency keeps them away from this place we will be safe." She laughed and spun in her seat like a child.

"I have to give the Phoenix agents credit for putting up a good fight so far."

"You sure do have them wrapped around your finger, don't you Ymir?"

"Isn't it wonderful!" She yelled, "They are out doing all the dirty work, and when I turn this city into everyone's worst nightmare, they will only have the Phoenix to blame for killing off the people fighting against me."

Eren gasped and stared in horror at the screen. "That...that isn't-"

"I told you she was using you, but no, don't listen to your so called enemy." I mocked in his voice.

"Does that mean that those people we killed were...innocent?" Jean asked with his hand over his mouth.

"As innocent as they come." Erwin said packing up his computer.

Taking in the Phoenix's expressions was actually very amusing. Jean looked like he was going to murder someone, Armin looked horrified, and Eren sat there with an expression of pure and utter sadness. Why was he sad?

"She... was using us?" He asked.

Erwin and I nodded and waited. We knew something was about to happen and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Eren's hair covered his eyes as he stood up. He bent down and ripped the knife out of his knee.

"Oi, what are you doing?" I asked as he started walking to the door, he left a trail of blood from where the knife wound was bleeding profusely.

"I'm going to kill Ymir." He said over his shoulder. He grabbed the handle of the door but it was locked from the outside until Hanji was notified that we could come out.

"Brat, you can't kill her in the state your in." I said eyeing his bloody leg. I stared in disgust as it started to make a pool around him. I'd have to clean that up.

"He's right, Eren, none of us are strong enough right now."

He punched the door and slid to the ground in a sobbing mess. He mumbled something that I couldn't quite hear.

"Speak up, your speaking gibberish." I said in an annoyed tone.

"I- I want to join the Corps."