6 x Charge it to the Game

Juan had been working out with the Warriors for the last two weeks. Still in his trial period. He hadn't been to Round 1 all week and he missed it, among other things.

"We still going out tonight right?" Jordan asked walking with Juan to the parking lot.

"Yeah, I think everybody coming. Kevin bringing his girlfriend, Mario got a date."

"My date already gonna be there so."

Jordan hadn't made a move yet on Ricki and she hadn't made a move yet on him but they both were looking forward to officially meeting at Jaiden's kickback tonight.

"Good seeing you today Toscano, good work." Steph praised as he grabbed his keys from his bag.
"Thanks bro, 'preciate it." Juan dapped him.

Juan needed a nap but he did not want to drive all the way home. He stopped past Cynatra's house. There were two other cars in the drive way.

He knocked on the door awaiting for an answer. Jannelle answered.
"Oh Juanie! How are you?"

"I'm good tía, how are you?"
"I'm not gonna complain. Come on in!"

She moves out of his way so he can come in. He notices Richard and Jeffery on the couch.

"Aye, my boy. How you been?" Richard greeted. "Been good Mr. Rich, you good?"

He has always had a good rapport with Richard and Jannelle. It was Jeffery that was a problem. The man was always rude to him for no reason. Juan never got into too much trouble and he had manners. There was no reason for Jeffery to feel a way about him.

"Mr. Jeff." Juan gave him a head nod.

Jeffery surprisingly acknowledged him by returning a head nod.

"If you looking for my niece, she not home yet." Richard put his arm around Juan and walked to the kitchen. "You can wait for her upstairs. I know you don't wanna be around my brother for too long."

Juan nervously chuckled, "You sure she wouldn't mind?"

Richard shrugged, "If she has a problem, I'll take the blame."

He walked upstairs to Cynatra's room and, he stripped out of his gym clothes getting comfortable in ball shorts and a wife beater. He always carried a durag so that was the next thing he put on.

Couldn't mess up the waves.

He had drifted off the sleep after scrolling on his phone for a few minutes.

"What's going on in here? Why is everyone here?" Cynatra asked entering her home. She had a long day at Round 1 and important meeting she needed to talk to Juan and Richard about.

"We just wanted to stop by." Aunt Jannelle started.
"To see if you were okay." Uncle Richard continued.

"Why ain't there bars on the windows?" Jeffery asked.

Cynatra scoffed. Jeffery hadn't checked on her at all: life, James' death or the break in. He had no reason to ask her anything right now.

"I'm not gonna live in fear in my own house."
"Baby, you should be thinking about moving to a better neighborhood. Maybe renting an apartment?" Jannelle suggested.

"For what? My daddy left me this house, I'm gonna stay in it until I figure out what I wanna do. You act like I've never moved out. I just moved back in."

"He wasn't your damn daddy!" Jeffery yelled.

Cynatra didn't warrant that with an acknowledgment or response. "Is that all y'all wanted to discuss? I wanna lay down, I had a long day."