49 x Push & Pull

"I promise, I'll be to you at 8 AM for the appointment." Juan spoke sincerely. The Warriors were on a road trip and he would be heading back a few hours before the team so he could make Cynatra's appointment with Dr. Seymour.

"Juan, it's okay. You're at work." She sniffled, becoming emotional yet again.

She understood that his job would have him away and he would miss important things in light of providing for their growing family.

"I don't want you to cry, please stop crying." He sighed. "I cry at everything now. I miss being tough."

"Trust me, the way you cursed me out yesterday. You're still tough." He laughed. They got into an argument because he was walking through the arena in Milwaukee, and it seemed like everyone in there knew him personally. He stopped to talk to everyone while she tried to have a conversation. 

"I'm sorry." She apologized again. She said a lot of wild shit that neither would repeat at this time, but he didn't take it to heart.

"I forgive you. I need you to get some rest before tomorrow. I know he's gonna be picking at you and you're gonna be in a bad ass mood."

"Okay. I love you, good night." She began getting comfortable in his bed, she felt closer to him by being in his space opposed to her own.

"I love you more. I'll talk to you later okay?"

Cynatra forgot to close the blinds in Juan's room and she instantly regretted that action. She was up before her alarm. Thankfully, she took a shower before going to bed, and she only needed to get dressed. 10 weeks, she was officially at 10 weeks and her stomach would be expanding if she didn't keep up on her routine with no end.

With the absolute goal of comfort, she placed on the yoga pants with no elastic band to move and form to her body freely. The time being closer to 8 than she desired, Juan wasn't home yet. She needed to make a choice, call him and potentially be disappointed or move as if she planned to go without him.

"Phone, keys, wallet." Cynatra went over the checklist, not wanting to forget those important items.

Locking his door, she made her way to the elevator, greeting his neighbors as they walked by. As she got closer to the door, her emotions were rising to the surface in realization, he might not make it.

To her surprise, he was outside of the building unloading his bag from the trunk of the town car. Juan looked up from the trunk and could see her walking through the automatic doors.

"Baby, hey sorry I'm a bit behind. I got here as soon as I could." He dropped the bag on the curb to hug her. She could feel the tears escaping the brim of her eyes as his warm embrace covered her.

"If you hold me any longer, I'm going to ugly cry." He released her, feeling a lot of their energy open up. "You ready to go? You got everything?"

She nodded trying to pick up his bag for him. "Absolutely not, don't touch that damn bag." He quickly picked up the bag, and grabbed her hand to walk to the car.

"Good morning my favorite patients. Congratulations on the first step to parenthood. How are we feeling today?" Dr. Seymour couldn't contain his smile as the pair sat in front of him.

"Doc I'm absolutely ecstatic. I'm ready to know everything I need to. How I can help, whatever." Juan's wide smile gave Cynatra reassurance.

"I didn't feel tired this morning. That's a good thing right?" Dr. Seymour nodded, "That's amazing honestly. Still no citrus?"

"No. I miss it so much." She pouted.

"I'll see what I can do about that." Audi entered with a clipboard of her own, "Good morning y'all."