49.5 x Pulled into Place

"When are you supposed to start showing?"

Juan held onto the top of the jeans as he helped Cynatra into them. They were on their way to Kevin's house to tell their friends the news and she insisted on wearing jeans.

"I don't know, I haven't been through this before. Right now, all I know is I'm getting fat and I hate it."

Cyn's body had started the change, you couldn't tell in her abdomen but her thighs and hips were spreading faster than she would've liked.

"You're not getting fat. You're knocked up, it's a difference." The final tug, helped the denim over her hips.

Cynatra struggled to button up the jeans but she was successful. "Next time, I'm not allowing you to do this to feed your ego. You're not about to suffocate my son before he gets here." He joked.

"Go to hell Toscano." She playfully pushes him out of her way. He quickly recovers, pulling her back into him. "I'm not going anywhere you're not, so if I'm going, you better pack a bag."

She tried hiding her smile but, failed miserably. "Juan, leave me alone. You're supposed to feed my ego. It's your job."

"And I feed that ego everyday. You're the one who insists on leaving the house. We can tell them tomorrow. I wanted your legs over my shoulders on my day off. But no, you wanted to get dressed and go over there."

Cynatra definitely found those words shooting straight to her center. What she couldn't help was how her body responded to whatever he did or said. She was choosing to ignore him, sticking to her plan of getting out of the house and where they needed to be.

For days it had been on her mind about what Jannelle said specifically. She wasn't upset with her aunt, she wanted to be but she wasn't. Cynatra wouldn't return her calls but, she expected to see her soon enough to talk.

"You good?" She looked to Juan, nodding. "I'm fine, just thinking."

They left it at that. Opening the door for her, she thanked him. "I see you're pulling up them pants."

She rolled her eyes walking ahead of him. Of course he was watching her walk. Kevin and Niecey were happy everyone could get together and catch up.

"I missed y'all, I'm still mad I couldn't go to all star weekend." Niecey pouted.

"Girl, next year." Cynatra waved her off, "They ain't do nothing but get on my nerves."

"I'm innocent!" Mario put up his hands in defense. "It was Kev and Jai acting a damn fool."

"Nah, hell nah. Juan and Cyn were acting crazy. Don't point no fingers over here."

Niecey gave her boyfriend a look, "You sound suspicious as hell. And Ricki really went to Maui. I was stuck here working."

"Maybe we could plan a trip?" Mario proposed.

"In the off season, I'm all for it." Cynatra looked at Juan with a scowl on her face.

How are we gonna go on a group trip and I'm gonna be pregnant as fuck in the off season?

"What else y'all been up to?"

Cynatra set up the little game she found on Etsy to help reveal their good news. "Work, and more work. I'm tired y'all but I swear the business is doing so good. I almost can't keep up."

Everyone was happy that Cyn enjoyed what she did. Even if the days were long, it was well worth it. "And school, that's starting to get on my nerves too. These fucking assignments got me up all night."

"Damn man. We proud of you though. You really doing it man." Kev praised. "Now what's this damn game?"

"Okay so boom, It's broken into teams." The door opens, in walks Jaiden and Ricki. "They're finally here, that's great. Sit down y'all so I can explain the game."