45 x The Sun Will Come Out

Cynatra sat alone in her hotel room watching old movies at 2 AM. Her flight would be in four hours and she couldn't sleep. The rain had been nonstop the moment she got there.

Currently in Atlanta, she came down to talk to the DA and Dr. Ali leading into the trial. Which was pushed back... again. She would call Juan since he was a few hours behind but he wasn't feeling well.

Something had been off with him the last few weeks. First, he was moody, then he was tired and he refused to get checked out.

Just like a man.

Kicking the covers off her body, she made her way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror she noticed her skin was much clearer. She was thankful for that.

Products finally working.

She had changed her routine twice and finally found the best one for her. The time on the mirror let her know, she needed to order an Uber and take her bags downstairs.

"I'm glad you're home man." Jaiden smiled as he hugged Cynatra. "Well I'm glad to be home too." It annoyed her that the rain seemed to follow her across the country. It was dampening her mood.

"Everyone's at the house." He spoke. They were taking the long way home so he could break that news to her. "Why?"

"They wanted to have family time." He shrugged.
"I've seriously have to move out of there." She wanted a moment to herself before she had to socialize with anyone.

It's been almost a year of consistently being in Oakland, and although she had new friends, a new purpose and someone to love, she still couldn't stand to stay in a place that held a lot of pain.

"You'll move out one day. But you know your dad begged you not to leave that house until you start that family. He thinks that's the key to happiness."

She couldn't do that, what was the point of waiting?

"I'm happy you're home!" Jannelle greeted as Cynatra stood in the foyer. "Hey Auntie, what's up?"

"We just wanted to see you. How was it?" Cynatra shrugged.

Every time she went to Atlanta she felt more and more drained, especially since she had to go alone. She didn't want to drag anyone away from their life, but she couldn't do it alone much longer.

Normally when she came back, she would take 12-24 hours just to breath and sort through her thoughts. Her energy would be off and she wouldn't want to effect anyone else.

"It was as normal. I can't really say." She didn't wish to talk about it any further.

"Cyn, your little boyfriend is upstairs." Uncle Richard joked. "He's not my boyfriend"

"Oh hush, you know that he is." Uncle Richard walked with her to the steps. "I'm worried about him."

"Well, what's wrong?" Cynatra wasn't worried before, but she was now. "He almost fainted at Round 1 the other day."

"He what?! Why didn't anyone call me?" She tried to walk up the stairs, but Richard stopped her.

"Me and him were going over numbers and I asked him if he ate cause he seemed a lil pale. You can never tell with them cream colored boys." He joked, "But, he hadn't and before I could get him anything, he fell onto the desk."

Cynatra opened her room door, seeing a figure bundled under her covers. She quickly changed, climbing into bed.

"Baby, what's going on with you?" Juan rolled over, seeing the face that always made him happy. "Just a little sick."