8 x Proved Her Right

"Juan's first preseason game is Thursday, you coming right?"

"Absolutely not. I'm not even talking to him. Why waste more of my time?"

For the last month, Cynatra and Juan had barely spoken, unless it was business related. He responded to emails. Made the most important meetings but outside of that, nothing.

No random lunches, no Sunday dinners, not a FaceTime, phone call and barely a response to text.

Cynatra didn't even like talking on the phone, she wasn't a double texter either but for Juan Ronel Toscano-Anderson she had done the most in her book.

So she blocked his number. That way she wouldn't have the urge to text or call him and if he cared enough, he would realize and find her at home or work.

That was four days ago.

Cynatra hid it well with everyone except Ricki. Everyone was excited about the game and you wouldn't catch her dead in the Chase center, not even if they hosted her funeral.

"So you really aren't coming tomorrow?"
"I said no and I said fuck him. Why we not on the same page about this Richelle?"

"Sheesh, not my government." Ricki took a seat next her cousin on the couch, "You don't think he's just busy?"

Cynatra gave Ricki the 'bitch what?' face.

"He's not that busy. He could respond saying he's busy and that he'll talk to me later. He responds to me and Bruce's emails, he's on social media, his stupid ass can show up to work meetings but I ask him how he's doing and if he ate and the lil bitch can't respond? His mama ain't sick, cause I been to her house, his siblings are fine. And he's fucking fine. And I'm not so fuck him and don't ask me about him no more."

Cynatra wanted to be alone so she went upstairs and locked her door. Ricki eventually went home but she felt bad, she hadn't seen Cyn angry like that in a long time.

She completely changed Thursday's schedule, for the first time in a long time Round 1 would have a virtual meeting. Usually only occurred if a little league team were traveling but business needed to be handled.

Cynatra wasn't interested in going into work because everyone was talking about attending the game.

It's the preseason who gives a shit.

"Hi everyone! I'm glad you were all able to log on today. We're doing so well with the registration for our classes, being in the 89-93% full and attending. That's great in terms of retention. We currently have four trainers and two coaches, looking to expand to six trainers and three coaches soon."

Business was picking up at the gym and there was a lot of attention now that Juan played professionally.

He received a notification indicating the meeting had changed from in person to virtual. He appreciated that because he was exhausted. Logging in, he waits to turn his camera on.

"Also, our co-owner and trainer on leave, Toscano is currently preparing for the first game of the preseason. If you haven't accessed your tickets, please do so through your employee email. It was nice of him to grant tickets to the staff here. So please thank him when you can and I hope you all enjoy the game."

Cynatra moved on to the next note on her list, she hadn't noticed Juan logged on.

"Renovations begin this Saturday. The outdoor atrium will be closed so please use the east entrance. I'll be there all day if anyone needs any assistance. If you are volunteering for our next neighbor clean up, please log onto your portal and fill out a sign up sheet. Any questions?"