19.5 x Jealousy is Powerful

Juan had been having an exceptional practice session. He was happy and officially locked in. He made three shots back to back, a 3, a lay up and a dunk. His energy radiated through every player he encountered.

"That's the energy we need! Let's keep this up. Working on defense next, it's been a little choppy and we want it to be consistent." Kerr encouraged as he followed his players up and down the court. "Take five!"

Jordan was the first to approach Juan who barely wanted to take the five minutes. "What did you do?"

"What you mean?"

"You did something, you look like a new person." Out of anyone on the team, Jordan knew him the most.

"I did do something. I made a real move with Cynatra, so we'll see how that goes."

"You on yo grown man shit?"

Juan laughed because Jordan had been giving him the knowing eyes, "Yeah man, it's time."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with Trae right?"

"To be honest, a little. I realized that I'm not the only person in the world when it comes to her. Other people are going to see her for exactly who she is, and they'll want that. She's a woman with options, I can't sit on my ass while everyone around me making moves."

Juan was right, the young mogul in the making had options. But, he was too blind to realize that she only wanted him. She deemed him, her 'person'. She couldn't imagine anyone else being in that spot.

Later that night, a little after midnight, Juan stumbled into their hotel room. He went out with the guys for some drinks and got a little tipsy. Causally bumping into the seat at the end of the bed which annoyed the shit out of Cynatra.

To come in late is one thing, but to completely disturb the stillness and quiet of the room is another. She couldn't sleep anyways, staying up because she expected him to come back with all intention of spending time together. She ended up at Atlantic Station for drinks and games with the girls.

Juan attempted to get into bed but stopped when he heard Cynatra's voice. "Don't get in this bed smelling like outside."

He sniffed his shirt, not understanding what she meant. "I don't smell like outside."

"You smell like weed and cheap perfume so it's the same difference. Don't get in this bed smelling like that. Go shower."

It was something about the way she said it, sobered him enough to walk into the bathroom and shower. Cyn didn't want to sleep next to him because the whole situation annoyed her. When he returned to the bedroom he climbed in, keeping his distance. He knew that she was upset and he would only make it worse.

Cynatra couldn't rest, she turned on the light and sat up. She tapped him repeatedly until he woke up, confused. "What's wrong?"

"You're what's wrong. Why didn't you text me back saying you weren't coming? I waited for you so we could go out. Then you had the nerve to come in here past midnight, smelling like a hole in a wall lounge. That's what's wrong." She ranted. "I waited up for you cause I had no idea where you were or what happened."

He realized how bad it actually looked, especially after earlier today. "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, we can do dinner after the game since it's an early one."

"I just would've like to know that you were okay."

He sat up so that he could be eye level with her, "Hey, I'm sorry." He opened his arms to hug her and she hugged him back. "I didn't mean to worry you."

"But you did, you've got me worried and you were out there being a slut in the streets! Grey shorts? Really?" She laughed releasing herself from his hold.