47 x And We're Here Now

A week later...

"They're throwing him a birthday party."

Cynatra read the text message to the WAGs as they sat at lunch. "His birthday is next weekend right?" Ayesha asks.

"Yeah, it is."

"Do you want him to have a party?" Hazel was now asking. "I don't think it's up to me." Cynatra shrugged.

"What's the problem? You don't seem happy about a party." Sydel frowned.
"Last time someone threw Juan a birthday party, I got into a fight."

"Why the hell were you fighting?" Ayesha laughed at the disgusted look on Cynatra's face.

Flashback

Cynatra stood next to Mario as the kickback in the hotel suite took place. There were four rooms and a large living room. From where she was sitting she could see everything happening. Jaiden was DJing and honestly that was the only enjoyable thing about the party.

Royalty was right, Cynatra was seething as every girl practically threw themselves on him. He was attractive, tall and it was his birthday, everyone wanted to be under his arm.

"I'm about to get more wings, you want some?" She nodded, not wanting to respond and her tone come off as rude.

As soon as Mario left, Juan took his spot, "Why you over here drinking and you said you were going shot for shot with me?"

"You got a whole crowd to drink with. You do not need me over there." She didn't look at him, she kept her eyes on the rest of the party.

"It's my birthday, you could be nice for once." He joked.
"Your birthday is tomorrow boo, I'll save the pleasantries for that day."

Juan smirked, "See, you finally admitted it."

"Admitted what fool?" She mugged him, noticing that he was in her space, a little too close to it. "That I'm your boo. You been playing for years."

"Oh get the fuck outta here." She laughed, she wanted to be annoyed with him, but she couldn't. "Nobody is worried about you."

"That's not what you said our last FaceTime."

She rolled her eyes because she had admitted she missed him, but was it that deep? Not really.

He was talking about one of his games and she said that she missed watching him play. Juan asked if she actually missed him and she said she did.

"Just because I said I missed you, doesn't mean anything. We're friends, I can't miss my annoying ass friend?"

Juan didn't want to hear about being friends. Like clockwork, he was back in this time warp of life where his mind drifted back to his feelings for Cynatra. It upset him that they couldn't see each other for her birthday, she had went back home to Oakland for that weekend but he had two games he couldn't miss. He sent her something in the mail and they hadn't spoken much since.

"You really didn't get my gift?" He asked changing the subject. "No, did you send it here or back home?"

"I sent it here."
"What was it?"

"Aye! Its shot o'clock." Kevin yelled turning the music down.

Cynatra's friends were surprisingly on their best behavior. It was the extra girls that Taquan invited that were pissing her off.

"How you feeling birthday boy?" Amber, a classmate of Cynatra's asked as her hands were wrapped around Juan's torso. "I'm feeling great," he took her arms from around him, placing it by her side.