Part 63:

Waking up to a white ceiling is not a new thing. However, missing the column and the sky light caused a bit of confusion. Darting eyes tried to focus on what they saw but without glasses they could only make out blurs of colors, it almost was like when they had been changed into the eyes of an old man and had felt dry and stiff unable to see as clearly as they would have liked.

Seeing the golden frames only on a side table, wait is there a side table in the Zeus cabin?—Sitting up he tries to grab ahold of these small golden blurs only to have his arm jerked back metal biting into his skin. Reaching with the other arm, pushing against another set of metal bonds until he could grab hold of the frames. He had to reach down his face to place them right, and even then they were a little crooked.

Now looking around he could see that he was sitting in a hospital room, the curtains were drawn but a faint glowing from the medical supplies allowed him to see things, oh and he was handcuffed to his bed. It was the middle of the night and really, he had no idea why he was here only that he kinda couldn't leave.

However, he wasn't the only one in the room, across the room there was another bed with someone in it, black tuft hair sticking up at all ends and the curled up posture gave away that it was Nico, so speaking as loudly as he dared he called out to his friend.

"Nico...!"

A small groan came from across the room and the body shifted ever so slightly as to pull the covers a little tighter to himself.

"....Nico!" He called again. The body didn't move. Jason's heart started to beat a little faster. What if it wasn't Nico? What if he was in serious trouble? Why the hell is he here?

"NICO." He hadn't mean to shout but the panic of being handcuffed to a bed and not being able to leave and not knowing where he was was starting to wane on Jason's nerves.

The body jumps only to have a loud clanking sound of metal hitting metal. The body froze and began to shake, Jason could see the room getting darker around the boy and he realized Nico was going to shadow travel away from him, leaving him stranded in an unknown place.

"Nico... Calm down, it's me Jason, breathe. Please, please don't disappear I need to know what happened." Jason tried to be as calm as he could to be soothing but he could hear his own voice shaking from nerves.

"...Jason?" He could hear the shake of the younger boy's voice when he spoke.

"Yeah, it's me, it's Jason. You know me it's okay you're okay...I think... Where are we?"

"Willowbrook Psychiatrics, children's wing..." Nico said after a moment of silence. He didn't sound very sure of why Jason was asking.

"Why are we here?" Jason asked, and added quickly, "And why am I handcuffed to the bed?"

There was a soft chuckle from the other bed, he still hadn't sat up, preferring to stay on his side not facing the blond. "You fought the nurses and they figured you'd try to hurt yourself."

"Hurt myself?"

There came another chuckle, it was dry of humor and left Jason feeling more anxious than he did before he had gotten Nico to wake up.