Percy and Annabeth: All Grown Up

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us...

Chapter Sixteen: Percy and Annabeth: All Grown Up

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i//parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing/?limit=500 Idea from here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: I thought I would warn you that this is my probably poor attempt at Thriller. Tell me at the end if you got creeped out and I thought I would warn you just in case you don't like thrillers. You have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth holds the baby girl in her arms as I smile down at the two of them. Her hair is curly like Annabeth's and black like mine. Her eyes are bright baby blue but Annabeth thinks that they will be green when she is older. I smile at the thought and gently stroke her mass of black curls. 

When Lily is one she says her first word and it makes us a little worried. "Silena!" From what Grover had told us, it was Mama for all his kids. It was a little funny when this happened because Piper and Jason were visiting. "Wasn't that one of the Aphrodite girl's names?" Piper asks. I nod and tell them how she had died at the Battle of Manhattan. How she was one of the leaders and how her boyfriend had died a few months back. We don't bring it up again and act like nothing happens.

After another few months I put Lily down for a nap and head back down to watch a little TV with Annabeth. The baby monitor is placed right behind the couch so when we heard crying we quickly went up to check on Lily. She wasn't crying how she normally did when she needed something, she was weeping. Quietly tears were running down her face as she watched a corner of her room. "What's wrong sweetie?" Annabeth asks picking Lily up in her arms. She points to the far corner of her blue room, which now looked pitch dark. I turn to Lily and point, "There?" She nods and I begin to walk towards it, however this makes her scream for me to stop. I come back over to her and she says to not to, that he's dangerous. "Who sweetie?" Annabeth questions now becoming worried. She just shakes her head and buries it into her mother's shoulder. We walk her back down stairs and I keep Riptide at the ready for the rest of the night. 

At her second birthday my mom is holding her telling her funny stories and making her laugh. Then at one point as they sit in the bay window talking Lily stops laughing and turns to her seriously, "His golden eyes are staring at you, and they want your son." She then went back to talking about how she liked ponies more than dogs. When Mom tells me about this and I question Lily about it she shrugs, "Mommy says I do it a lot, I think it's the golden guy talking." I try to ask her more but she quickly skips off saying that her friends want to play.

When Lily starts school I'm worried, what if monsters smell her like they did me? However, Annabeth convinces me that it's best for her to go to school and we see what happens. When we get a call from school I expect the worst. The teacher refuses to tell us what is wrong but insists that we come down and speak with her. We quickly drive down to meet her and we find her waiting out front holding Lily's hand. Lily waves at us and we wave back, I hop out of the car and do a quick check to see that the school is still intact as we had left this morning.

"Mr. Jackson," The teacher calls me back to the real world and I turn to face her. "You and your wife please come with me to my room please." I quickly walk with Annabeth and Lily into a small brightly lit room with a rainbow of colors and letters which move and dance around in my head because of my Dyslexia.