Chapter Twenty

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us...

Chapter Twenty: Do you want to see my dragon?

WARNING: If you continue forward to read, please note that by reading I am not liable for any feelings that happen because of this story. I apologize before hand thank you and please no hate.

Lizzie and I walk out into the woods of camp. Our parents have told us that there are monsters in there, but that was twenty years ago, there can't be any of them in there anymore. I mean we're in Camp Half Blood only the safest place for demigods! What could hurt us here? Lizzie is a daughter of Hephaestus and I'm the daughter of two Roman demigods, go figure we would live in the Greek district. My dad was a praetor for the Romans, but he worked along side some of the most powerful Greeks that have ever lived. "Zhang, you have to come and see this!" Lizzie yells from ahead.

I huff and run up the hill that she had climbed and when I reach the peak I see what she is talking about. A huge warehouse type thing stood in front of us. A giant number nine was written on the masive metal doors, "How do we get in?" Lizzie asks. I shrug still amazed by the masiveness of the place.

"We should go back to camp Lizzie, we should tell someone and then come back. Come on lets go," I urge grabbing her arm and pulling her away from the strange and random structure.

"No, look it's got a nine on it, like Hephaestus cabin. So it should be like something for the kids of Hephaestus right?" I shake my head at her good reasoning. "We should come back with back up, there could be some bad stuff in there."

"Come on dude, don't you want to know what's inside?" Lizzie persists. I sigh, I did, but it was way to dangerous to go in alone.

"No, dude the sun's setting if we don't leave soon we'll be stuck out here. We need to get back come on." Lizzie shakes off my hand and walks down the hill towards it. I look back at the path we had taken and make note of where it was and head down with her.

"Dude, look I just got to," Lizzie presses her hand against a metal plate and it lights up. Sending bright light through an entire system of cords towards the doors. They make the most ungodly noises and I have to cover my ears, "Lizzie what did you do?!" I scream.

She looks at me but she's different. Her eyes aren't brown with specks of gold and red no, now they are bright red and yellow like flames dancing inside her skull. I scream involuntarily at the sight and jump away from her. The doors slide open and she steps away from the plate and towards the open doors. Whats inside is dark and could hold all of Hades inside, we don't know.

I walk to the plate and see a faded piece of paper, scrawled across it is a final letter.

"To whomever finds this know that I won't be returning and that I am sorry. They have turned on me, and I can't live here any longer. I've gone into the woods to die. Good-bye forever

~Leo Valdez (Mega Meshizial Man)

PS: WHAT EVER YOU DON'T OPEN BUNKER NINE, ITS TO DANGEROUS! DON'T LOCK IT UP AND DON'T LET ANYONE IN JUST DON'T."

The short note ends and all I care about is that building, the one that Lizzie has just opened, that's bunker nine and there is something or somethings dangerous inside.

"LIZZIE!" I scream into the dark building.

"Millie come and see this," I hear her call back.

I run into the darkness not thinking of what could come and kill me but that Lizzie is inside and is most likely going to die if I don't go and help her.